ukandrewf
cbb 3.04: Usage Questions
  • 2006/7/10 9:38

• ukandrewf

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/12/2

Having finally got cbb 3.04 working for me I have a few questions - I've posted on the Xforge site but no one seems to be answering over there.

Hop y'all can help.

1)Page Title: Marco from that forum asks if the title format for this mondule can be changed without problems - which it can. He gives the example code.

Quote:
<title>Module Name-Forum Name-Post Title-Website title</title> (*)
<meta name="description" content="from general settings" />
<meta name="keywords" content="from general settings" />

I can't work out where that comes from. Which file within the module would contain the page title format?

2)Keywords: The keywords and description for each topic athttp://xoopsforge.com/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=841&forum=1 appear to reflect the topic. Does anyone know how this was done - is there a module to install / which one?

3)Can someone explain the HP/MP/EXP/Karma stats for CBB?

4)Moderate: With posts and topics to be moderated the only way to tell that posts have been sent appears to be by logging in, then forum, admin, pending topics and pending posts. Is there any simpler way to see that posts have been submited? Does this module link with 'Waiting Content' or any other module so you can see at a glance that posts have been made?

5) The big one: Is there a way to change the default view from 'Last 100 days' to 'From Beginning'?

6) I miss the most viewed forum block is there anyway to get it back?

thanks in advance for any help.

Andrew

ukandrewf
Re: cbb 3.04: Usage Questions
  • 2006/7/13 9:55

• ukandrewf

• Friend of XOOPS

still hoping for answers :)

Swain
  • 2006/7/30 17:51

• Swain

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2006/6/27

I would like to see HP/MP/EXP/Karma stats for CBB explained myself!

dave_uk
  • 2006/7/30 18:10

• dave_uk

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/11/27

this is what the hp mp exp means
MP/HP/EXP

HP means Hit Points and is the medium value of posts.
MP means Magic Points and is determined by the number of posts related to the date of registry
EXP means Experience and it goes up everytime you post. Everytime you reach 100% you go up a Level and this value goes back to 0.

HP is different of MP because the first one does not take in concern the date of registry to calculate the media.
For example:

HP : if you have been a member for 30 days and you have 10 posts your media will be .33. If you have been a member for 300 days and you have 100 points, still you have .33

MP is different. If you have been a member for 30 days and you have made 10 posts, 30 + 10 = 40
Wii Plaza - Wii Fansite community

ukandrewf
  • 2006/7/30 23:45

• ukandrewf

• Friend of XOOPS

thanks for the clarification :)

Quote:
5) The big one: Is there a way to change the default view from 'Last 100 days' to 'From Beginning'?

Can anyone help me on this one? I think Google is not indexing me properly because it's not seeing posts over 100 days old clearly.

Any help approeciated.

Login

Who's Online

225 user(s) are online (142 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 225

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits