walkonet
shout box help
  • 2006/7/29 10:44

• walkonet

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/7/20

I cant seem to get the shoutbox working on my site . But on the local install it works fine? any idea's?

Also I cant seem to find any doc on how to make static pages?

msdana
Re: shout box help
  • 2006/7/29 11:58

• msdana

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2005/12/11

Xoops version? Shoutbox version? MySQL version? PHP version? Have you turned on Debug on? If not turn it on and post errors. If you have it turned on, please post error. A little more info, please. We like to help but we aren't mind readers

A FAQ to answer your static page question can be found here.

HTH
[size=x-small]If God is watching us, the least we can do is be entertaining.[/size]
Graphic Worx : Xoops Themes

jensclas

What do you mean by static pages? Do you want pages with articles where there is no place for comment or input from your site users? Or do you just want smaller blocks od static info like a welcome block?

There are several ways to put information on your site...content modules, news modules, by creating your own blocks and wrapping html...

Have you used the search? Looked at the faq's? A search term of static pages will render the full range of questions and I think there is even an FAQ on this topic.

(Can't help with shoutbox)

walkonet
  • 2006/7/29 12:58

• walkonet

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/7/20

sorry about the lack of informaation. I just got off work and I am very tired.

xoops ver:2.0.13.1
MySQL ver:4.1.20 standard log
PHP ver: 4.4.2
Shoutbox ver: 3.1

mysql debug gave me this:

Queries
SELECT * FROM xoops_config WHERE (conf_modid = '0' AND conf_catid = '1') ORDER BY conf_order ASC
SELECT sess_data FROM xoops_session WHERE sess_id = '7cee1d1614256fc182aeba2967cbf7d2'
SELECT * FROM xoops_users WHERE uid=1
SELECT * FROM xoops_modules WHERE dirname = 'system'
SELECT * FROM xoops_configcategory
SELECT * FROM xoops_group_permission WHERE (gperm_name = 'module_admin' AND gperm_modid = '1' AND (gperm_groupid = '1' OR gperm_groupid = '2'))
Total: 6 queries

have no clue what it is

As for the the shout box i gave it an id of 0 like it said and i went under blocks and made it visable but it only shows the heading SHOUTBOX and not the actual shoutbox.

I think it my have something to do with the XOOPS version but i keep reading the 2.X version isnt stable for the web?

I used fantastico to install XOOPS and for my own server i Downloaded it from here?

As for the static pages... sorry i got wrapped up in mamboisms... that CMS is nice but not noob friendly.. modules are hard to find for it too.

I need to set up a orphan page, and also a directory style

e.g.

tutorials>tutorial articles
Reviews>Review articles
Tool Tips> Tool Tips Articles

Things like that.

If you take a look @ my site http://walkonet.com

Im trying to build a community for people who want to learn about web design code, and graphics wise. I am in the process of trying modules out that will fit my site theme but i dont want to get into that in this post.

Again sorry for the lack of info and thanks god for Xoops!Quote:

jensclas wrote:
What do you mean by static pages? Do you want pages with articles where there is no place for comment or input from your site users? Or do you just want smaller blocks od static info like a welcome block?

There are several ways to put information on your site...content modules, news modules, by creating your own blocks and wrapping html...

Have you used the search? Looked at the faq's? A search term of static pages will render the full range of questions and I think there is even an FAQ on this topic.

(Can't help with shoutbox)

Login

Who's Online

442 user(s) are online (67 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 442

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits