Honeysmom
Add Links to Other Sites
  • 2006/7/29 2:45

• Honeysmom

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/7/29

How do I add links in my sidebars to other sites that are not within xoops?

Thank you

Quest
Re: Add Links to Other Sites
  • 2006/7/29 2:48

• Quest

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/11/19

U could use the MyLinks module. And I think there are a couple of other s too. Remember: always check for the most up to date module for the one you want. Sometimes you can locate the developers site and find the up to date one there. And, that it is compatible with your version of xoops.

Quest

Quest
  • 2006/7/29 3:04

• Quest

• Friend of XOOPS

Also, if you only have a couple you want specifically seen in your Main Menu, you can modify/add to the Main Menu html/template file in your admin/system/templates. You will have to clone the default template first and then set the new one to be your template to use in the admin/system/preferences/general settings.

HTHs

JCDunnart
  • 2006/7/29 7:06

• JCDunnart

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2006/7/1 5

Why so difficult?

Just put the links in a new block (system admin->blocks, bottom of the page).

Honeysmom
  • 2006/7/29 12:01

• Honeysmom

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/7/29

Thank you, you were right that was very easy LOL

starduster
  • 2006/7/30 3:23

• starduster

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/10/5

http://xoops-tips.com/news-article.storyid-95.htm is worth taking into consideration

walkonet
  • 2006/7/30 9:35

• walkonet

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/7/20

@starduster

Thank you for that article!! It was very informative.

Quote:

starduster wrote:
http://xoops-tips.com/news-article.storyid-95.htm is worth taking into consideration

Quest
  • 2006/7/30 10:48

• Quest

• Friend of XOOPS

I suppose that depends on ones own concept and experience with marketing as well as their preferences. For example, IMHO, the ease at which links can be added and incorporated into a XOOPS site, by either the admin or the user by means of interface, in either of the modules mentioned below is far superior to other CMS or methods. Now. When you couple that with the awesome ability to easily add graphics, and, let us not forget the easy to create, and to find Categories for which visitors and users of YOUR site are looking for, plus the integrated Top List, and Rating function module(s). Oh, and the fact that one can easily add a super description for their site along with a banner. Giving YOUR users and or customers what they need.
To me, all of this functionality, ease of use and integration far exceeds any reliance on a few others who will not submit a trade link with me because I am supposedly slighting them in some way. On the contrary! I am giving them much much more than they are probably offering me in their recipt side. But if they insist and I really feel the need, desire, or that I just can't do without their recipt feeling (which I never get), for someone I have never dealt with before anyway.
Then I would probably take the time to set up a Direct for them. Until such urge and feeling arrises I will stick to these wonderful, easy to use, integrated and feature rich modules.

Quest

Login

Who's Online

192 user(s) are online (112 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 192

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits