Forlorndeeds
A World of Warcraft guild website~

Hey guys,

It's been my second XOOPS creation! This is a website for a guild on WoW called Exodus. I used various modules from XOOPS to make it happen. Tell me what should I improve on or what you think.

And I'm sorry, I cannot make this into a theme. :(

Here it is:http://www.exo-guild.com

jensclas
Re: A World of Warcraft guild website~

Not quite my cup of tea...but I will say it probably is exciting and colourful for your asudience...however...it took a long time to load - you might want to try and reduce the size of the images and the width of the center colum - I work on a large screen and still had to scroll for the left column...not good for impact or wow factor - I suspect if it is the news module that is your start page you might be better off with a spotlight module - its those images in the news posts that are probably making it so slow...but I am no guru...just guessing!

Forlorndeeds

Quote:

jensclas wrote:
Not quite my cup of tea...but I will say it probably is exciting and colourful for your asudience...however...it took a long time to load - you might want to try and reduce the size of the images and the width of the center colum - I work on a large screen and still had to scroll for the left column...not good for impact or wow factor - I suspect if it is the news module that is your start page you might be better off with a spotlight module - its those images in the news posts that are probably making it so slow...but I am no guru...just guessing!

I work on a 1100x screen, and have no problems, my members have no problems with the size of it. Since it is a guild website there are going to be screenshots of kill ect in game. I could use thumbnails, but I think it would reduce the impact.

I'm on a 1500 mbp connection, and that's pretty slow, and it works to load with me. and I have no complaints.

Loading time is not a factor I placed in this site, it's not supposed to con-inside with reslutions and load times. >_>

damaster
  • 2006/7/18 10:26

• damaster

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/5/11

Quote:
Tell me what should I improve on or what you think.

You ask for... So, why you wont review your graphics and improve loading time?
I like people more than machines or money. But that's me!
Lets do something good and great: Lets do open source!

Forlorndeeds

Quote:

Damaster wrote:
Quote:
Tell me what should I improve on or what you think.

You ask for... So, why you wont review your graphics and improve loading time?

Because loading time is'nt a factor for me. :)

Catzwolf
  • 2006/7/18 11:21

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

• Since: 2007/9/30

Strange one,

You ask for an opinion and when people give you what to me seems perfectly good problems to your website in order to help your viewers pleasure and loading times, you basically rubbish them. Will all due respect, I think thats out of order really.

You say loading times are not important to you, well I have to disagree with you here. Even though it may seem fast to you, on my 2mb connection it took nearly 2 mins (totally not acceptable).

I use the standard web compliant screen resolution of 1024*786 and I have to scroll to see the page. Why don't you make your theme dynamic? ie, this way it will show correctly on everyones monitor, not just yours.

I think you should actually re-think the graphics on the front page, this is increasing your loading times and tends to make your well done theme look tacky. You might actually want to optimise them for web viewing too.

Again I need to stress to you that you as the webmaster should not be thinking of yourself when it comes to your website, but to your users, and quite frankly in this case you may as well put your website on your on computer and view it yourself. I personally would not go back just for the reasons stated by everyone else.

I think your theme looks excellent, pity you spoil it with the other problems.

ATB

Catz

davidl2
  • 2006/7/18 12:13

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

The graphics are very nice - but the page is just too big for me. And on a dial-up modem (which some people DO still have...) it would take ages.

damaster
  • 2006/7/19 14:31

• damaster

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/5/11

It seems that the webmaster really doesn't care about visitors,
so what the meaning of that site?
I like people more than machines or money. But that's me!
Lets do something good and great: Lets do open source!

davidl2
  • 2006/7/19 14:55

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

It is a shame, as it is a nice looking site, but the size does spoil it.

Login

Who's Online

209 user(s) are online (153 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 209

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits