technobia
2.0.14 Problems with Module Templates
  • 2006/7/15 0:11

• technobia

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2006/4/17

I just updated from 2.0.13.1 to 2.0.14 and everything seems to work fine except when I change the code on any module template the site does not update. I have verified the files are changed on the server. I have even go so far as to delet them and the same images show up. REALLY WIERD.

The files I am specidically talking about are the:

modules/weblinks/template/weblinks_header.html
modules/newbb/template/newbb_index.html

All I have been trying to do is remove the logo image. If I delete if from the images directoty it is gone with a missing image place holder. However the template does not seem to effect it one way or another.
Thanks, Technobia
www.PrideDEPOT.com
Everybody Has A Right!

leostotch
Re: 2.0.14 Problems with Module Templates
  • 2006/7/15 0:22

• leostotch

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/4/1 1

Mmmhhhh.... I'm not really sure, but:

1) Did you enable the "check templates for modification" option in the main preferences admin page ?
2) Anyway, you're not supposed to modify modules templates directly, it will make modules updates really tricky. If you want to changes templates by directly editing files with 2.0.14, you can do this:
- Enable the "check templates" option in the main preferences page
- Copy modules/weblinks/template/weblinks_header.html to themes/yourtheme/modules/weblinks/weblinks_header.html
- Copy modules/newbb/template/newbb_index.html to themes/yourtheme/modules/newbb/newbb_index.html
- Make changes to the new files (not the ones directly inside the modules folder)
- Once you're done, disable the "check templates for modification" option again

technobia
  • 2006/7/15 1:09

• technobia

• Not too shy to talk

Thanks that worked great.

As for #1 I already has that enabled.

As for # 2 I forgot to try that. I had already cloned the templage files eariler but I found it easier to download the site and edit it locally and save original files and upload changes as I needed to. That way I had two copies of the site. I guess that was not the best approch. It is interesting that I was able to work that way before the upgrade and not that option seems to be broken. Thanks for the correction/reminder.

Question: I am not sure where the cloned template files I am now editiing are sotred in the file system. I can download them via the link in the Template Set Manager but if I should need to restore them where do they go?

Thanks again!
Thanks, Technobia
www.PrideDEPOT.com
Everybody Has A Right!

Quest
  • 2006/7/15 2:01

• Quest

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/11/19

If you wish to restore them you can do it from the same place you downloaded them.
admin/system/templates. Toggle down to the bottom, there you should see a place to upload templates.

QuestQuote:

technobia wrote:
Thanks that worked great.

As for #1 I already has that enabled.

As for # 2 I forgot to try that. I had already cloned the templage files eariler but I found it easier to download the site and edit it locally and save original files and upload changes as I needed to. That way I had two copies of the site. I guess that was not the best approch. It is interesting that I was able to work that way before the upgrade and not that option seems to be broken. Thanks for the correction/reminder.

Question: I am not sure where the cloned template files I am now editiing are sotred in the file system. I can download them via the link in the Template Set Manager but if I should need to restore them where do they go?

Thanks again!

technobia
  • 2006/7/15 2:08

• technobia

• Not too shy to talk

Sure enough there it is! Thanks
Gee all I had to do was scrol down!
Silly me
Thanks, Technobia
www.PrideDEPOT.com
Everybody Has A Right!

Login

Who's Online

201 user(s) are online (136 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 201

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits