emitojleyes
Customized Modules or Customized Blocks?

Hi everyone! i'm from Salta, Argentina, so apologies for my english...
I want to customize my xoops, and beside the standard sections or modules, add ones such as "Who we are", "Objetives", "etcetera".
For example, to have by my left, below the link "Forums", and "Downloads", have a third that says "Who am i", and that this link lead me to a page (any page i design) and mantain by the sides, these standard menues...
I have tried TinyContent, MultiMenu but i think that´s not what i need.
Now i have installed SmartSection, and i think these what most approaches to what i want!. I've seen a web, that used this module:http://www.cregybad.org. Here, the sections called Les horaires and Les inscriptions is what i want! and they are done with smartsection!!!
Would anyone be so jind to give me a hand...? please? at using smartsection or any other valid solution?
I would appreciate it a lot.
Thanks very much!!
Emilio J. Leyes
Tecnico Universitario en Informática
Salta, Argentina
Emilio Javier Leyes
Salta, Argentina

Quest
Re: Customized Modules or Customized Blocks?
  • 2006/6/27 20:14

• Quest

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/11/19

There are several modules which are modules to wrap content that can do this for you. I used MyPage to create my own because it looked better in the url to have www.xxxxxx..com/modules/aboutus than it did to have www.xxxxxx.com/modules/tinycontent/about_us.html. EDITED: ooops, who knew....

The only downfall to the MyPage that I can think of is I don't believe it is searchable through XOOPS but I didn't need those pages searchable anyway.
I created an about_us welcome and couple of others too. You can name them what you like just follow the instructions and use the ready made template.

Here's a link, for more info:

https://xoops.org/modules/smartfaq/faq.php?faqid=280

Quest

emitojleyes

Hi Quest!
Thanks for your help. I really appreciate it.
I will follow the instructions from the link you indicated me.
Also i would like to try with MyPage, but i can´t find that module anywhere! Could u tell me where to get it, please?
Thanx again!
Emilio Javier Leyes
Salta, Argentina

Quest
  • 2006/6/28 1:53

• Quest

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/11/19

Basically the F.A.Q link I gave you had everything. I guess the module template on jack's XOOPS for dummies site isn't there anymore. But, JMoris has one that does the same thing. Here is the link to his:

https://xoops.org/modules/news/article.php?storyid=2717

emitojleyes

Hi!
I have read the FAQ you indicated me. And it´s pretty clear! But i don't understand the last part, this one:

- define this text _MI_MYPAGE_SMNAME1 in: (this text can be different as long as it matches the language defines)

- language defines language/english/global.php i.e.

- define("_MI_MYPAGE_SMNAME1","Forum");//whatever you wish
- define("_MI_MYPAGE_SMNAME2","User Journals");

It means that i have to create a file named global.php, and a directory called language/english?
and if so, do i have to make a reference "include..." in the file index.php, xoops_version.php?
Thanks for your help!!!!
Emilio Leyes
Emilio Javier Leyes
Salta, Argentina

Login

Who's Online

154 user(s) are online (94 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 154

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits