cheechon
Block disappeared?
  • 2006/6/27 3:39

• cheechon

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/2/25

For certain reason, I rename the anonymous group and than name it back exactly like it was.

Out of sudden, my "recent post" block which should be appear in "top page" for anonymous is just gone. Now, if I log in as registered member it is still ok.

I look for the particular block in my admin-->preference-->block, but the block configuration is not there...How can turn it up??

cheechon
Re: Block disappeared?
  • 2006/6/28 6:45

• cheechon

• Just popping in

Bump!

Anybody know how to solve the problem?
or anybody can tell me what (or which database table) govern the block to be show up in the system admin-->block?

Thanks

jensclas

Have you updated your ystem module?

cheechon
  • 2006/6/29 0:44

• cheechon

• Just popping in

I'm using 2.0.13.2, what do you mean by update system module, just click update or need to upgrade?

Oh, I just update the system module and yes, the module appear in the group again, than click on the block configuration to make it appear again. Thanks

Problem Solved

jensclas

Hmm...it was a good guess and seems to be one of the first things to always try when you make a change...hit update system module...thanks for letting me know it worked.

cheechon
  • 2006/6/29 14:44

• cheechon

• Just popping in

I so afraid to click on system update. if anything corrupted during update than will be my nightmare.

Quest
  • 2006/6/29 15:05

• Quest

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/11/19

Not clear on what you mean or are asking. Did you upgrade? Clicking on system update shouldn't do anything worse to your site if there is something wrong, but it may fix your problem. Besides-if there is something wrong you would want to know it, right?

You hopefully did a good backup of everything before any upgrade you may have done. As long as you did that if anything were to go wrong you can always restore your back-up.

Quest

Login

Who's Online

185 user(s) are online (102 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 185

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits