djtwigsta
Forum cant be viewed by members!!!
  • 2006/6/26 19:00

• djtwigsta

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/6/26

I am using the exact same forum as this one... As admin can see the forum on my site and post etc.... But none of my "groups" can. I set the permissions on the Forum Module for all of the settings (can access, can view, can vote, etc.). I also edited all the "group" to check the Module acess rights for the Forum. Is there somethign i am missing? This is my first time doing this and would appreicate any help!!!! None of my groups can even see the forum period.

shalommemphi
Re: Forum cant be viewed by members!!!

After you create your FORUMS Categories, you then create the individual FORUMS that go under the categorie.

Within each forum you create, you need to be sure you CHECK the correct permission under the heading called

Topic permissions for this Forum

Make sure you have done that

Also make sure in the Administrative area of the FORUMS BLOCKS you have checked the correct permissions too

Especially the one called Forums Module Access rights
Helping each other with Knowledge

djtwigsta
  • 2006/6/26 19:27

• djtwigsta

• Just popping in

I have already created the individual forums and allowed access for each 'group' per topic category. I then went to "System ADmin" and went to "Groups". I checked the box beside the 'forum' under "Module Access Rights". This has been done beofer this post.. Just to provide greater detail.

Now i didnt know about the blocks. The default "Registered Users" Group showed them not visible so changed that. However my other created "Groups" dod not have this option! Why is that? All the blocks for my created groups are "System". The Registered user gwoup has blocks from other modules like forum & guestbook etc. Thanks

jensclas

Have you got the administration guide from XOOPS documentation on the left? It covers blocks. It might give some insight.

djtwigsta
  • 2006/6/26 20:19

• djtwigsta

• Just popping in

I'll take a look... but my registered users still cant see the forum... it redirects from /newbb to my default home folder.

So with the permissions set for registered users its still not working. I'll def take a look at the documentation. Thanks.

Login

Who's Online

234 user(s) are online (160 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 234

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits