mfrankena
Re: Error: Selected module does not exist!
  • 2006/6/25 12:50

• mfrankena

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/1/26

Thanks sofar for all your help guys,

yup i have phpmyadmin and did a check of all tables and optimized and repaired them....
I'm not able to login, that is the problem. When i click on login it just refreshes the page. No message or anything, just shows the exact same page with the module error.

Tried both value 1 and 2 for debug mode, but nothing appears on the pages when refreshing.

Re-uploaded all modules that i had on the site from my pc, so everything that had been there, is now again in the folder.
Didn't find any redundant tables of modules which shouldn't be there.

Quest
  • 2006/6/25 13:12

• Quest

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/11/19

Have you tried to deactivate or un-install your multi-menu? Just a shot in the dark. Are you using custom sessions? Here is a thread you may want to read and let us know how it goes.

https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=46151&forum=27&post_id=202731#forumpost202731

Quest

MadFish
  • 2006/6/25 14:38

• MadFish

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/9/27

Quote:
Maybe making a full structure+content database backup of the modules your using, except the system module which seems crazy, dumping the database, doing the reinstall of xoops, putting in your mainfile with the correct details, and restoring the backup of the modules your using.

This would be a rather more complicated process which should be done with much care. Don't pay me much attention... this is just an experimental solution and if not done correctly very risky to lose information you already had.

This approach has saved my backside more than once too when I've broken the system module somehow.

I agree that it should be a last-ditch situation but it will definitely sort out any problems that exist with the system module tables.

Suggest trying it out on a local install of XOOPS first though before you go deleting your database. Make sure that backup actually works!

solo71
  • 2006/6/26 7:54

• solo71

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/1/29

You could proceed to the following test.

1) Create a new directory on your server.

2) Make a fresh installation of a standard Xoops.

3) See how it behaves.... If it works, the problem comes from your site. If not, the problem may comes from your server configuration.

4) Install your modules one by one, and see which one causes troubles...

mfrankena
  • 2006/6/29 20:24

• mfrankena

• Just popping in

Quote:

solo71 wrote:
You could proceed to the following test.

1) Create a new directory on your server.

2) Make a fresh installation of a standard Xoops.

3) See how it behaves.... If it works, the problem comes from your site. If not, the problem may comes from your server configuration.

4) Install your modules one by one, and see which one causes troubles...

Yeah, i was also thinking in this direction and had allready started. thanks anyway

mfrankena
  • 2007/1/25 16:52

• mfrankena

• Just popping in

Well, it has been a while, but nothing helped. Tried everything that was mentioned here and in the Dutch support forums.....

In the end i did a fresh install and ran into the same problem. Still don't know what it was, but it looks like conflicting modules.....

Well i'm gonna try again, step by step and write everything down, to see what happened if it goes wrong again.

Login

Who's Online

202 user(s) are online (105 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 202

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits