OldFriend
Site Hacked.
  • 2006/6/25 4:01

• OldFriend

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/10/28

It seems that my site has been hacked.

When I opened my site this morning, I noticed a strange link inserted into my home page's content. the link washttp://ptl.platzer-units. com / attachments/ free-x.tv-asx. jsp

I had a look into my templates directory and found that all the templates had a date and time of 24/6/2006 07:47

Also there seemed to be a few extra php files that shouldn't have been there.

I have delete the contents of the cache and templates folder and everything seems to be normal.

Are there further procautions that I should take to ensure the integrety of the site?

What can I do to prevent future occurrences?

Moderator note - please do not click on the above (now broken!) link without taking care first!

snow77
Re: Site Hacked.
  • 2006/6/25 4:25

• snow77

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/7/23

something like that happened to me sometime ago, I was in a shared server running 20 xoops, had some kind of virus thing that inserted some extra lines of corrupt code randomly to .php and .html files. It was not an attack done directly to a website but maybe something that spread throught the server cause all the sites got the virus at the same time.

Keeping your files correctly chmoded is one thing (I've been told folders should be 755 and files 644, don't know if I've been told wrong), installing XOOPS Protector, having the most recent XOOPS version and running the latest security script that skalpa released should keep you partly safe. Nothing is 100% safe.
www.polymorphee.com
www.xoopsdesign.com

Catzwolf
  • 2006/6/25 6:55

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

• Since: 2007/9/30

I would install the protector Module, this will add an extra layer of protection to your website.

giJoes website

ATB

Catz

OldFriend
  • 2006/6/26 2:49

• OldFriend

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/10/28

I already have XOOPS Protector 2.4 installed.

I believe that it is a fantastic module (should be included in a basic install) but it can't/did't protect me from tis attack.

Login

Who's Online

166 user(s) are online (105 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 166

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits