eabVicious
cant view user profiles
  • 2006/6/22 7:53

• eabVicious

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/6/22

Hello! I am pretty new to Xoops, so sorry if this is something i should have figured out on my own. My problem is that whenever I click a username link (in the forums, on the main site, anywhere) that would normally take me to that users profile, I only get a blank page. In my address bar I see the URL I saw before (when this worked): http://mydomain.com/userinfo.php?uid=2 but there is no information, just a blank page. My browser says "Done" at the bottom, implying there is nothing left to load. Any ideas?

Quest
Re: cant view user profiles
  • 2006/6/22 11:08

• Quest

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/11/19

I just checked out the link below and it gave me an error of No User Selected.
I chaged the link to uid=1:
http://www.eabsite.com/xoops/userinfo.php?uid=1
and it gave me your profile with not problem.
Edited:
Just check uid=3 and uid=4 Craig and Mike's came up with not problems.
Have you activate uid 2? You might want to tell here what version of XOOPS you are running too.

Hope this helps ya out.
Quest

eabVicious
  • 2006/6/22 19:38

• eabVicious

• Just popping in

Ahh, the site where I am having the problem is not http://www.eabsite.com, it is http://www.calounge.com. I'm running XOOPS 2.0, and it seems like I only have a problem viewing user profiles when I am logged in. I tried typing in the URL to directly see the profile for user #2 (me) here: http://www.calounge.com/userinfo.php?uid=2
I can see the profile just fine if I am logged out. If I log in, however, all I get is a blank page when I click a link to a profile or type in the above address (regardless of the uid # i use). Bizarre, no? I have also found that the links in the site that lead to user profiles are formatted without the 'www.' So the links point to http://calounge.com/userinfo.php?uid=2, which leads me to a blank page. If I insert the 'www.' before calounge.com, then it works and I can see the profile. If I am not logged in, then the 'www.' being there or not makes no difference, and I can see the profile. So the only time i cant see it is when i am logged in and follow a link. Does that make sense? It didnt do this before, but I cant pinpoint when the change occurred as I only just noticed it.

Also, is there a way I can set it so that a user *must* be logged in to view another users profile? When the site goes live i dont want anyone on the internet who knows how to type in the URL for a user profile to be able to troll through that information without being a member (since membership will be restricted to a specific group).

Thanks so much for you help so far, too! =)

eabVicious
  • 2006/6/25 1:36

• eabVicious

• Just popping in

I figured it out! (I also read the "Please read before posting" post... sorry i didnt do that earlier...). Thanks for the help, though! =)

jensclas

Care to share what it was that solved your problem? Thanks

martineagle
  • 2006/6/29 14:09

• martineagle

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/5/6 1

I reposted your question about "is there a way I can set it so that a user *must* be logged in to view another users profile?" in this post as I was keen for an answer and your post here seemed to be being ignored or missed or who knows. Anyway, I got the answer we've been looking for.

Courtesy of user "Bender" ... Protecting UID Information.

Isn't XOOPS the best?

All the best,

Martin

Walrick
  • 2006/6/30 18:25

• Walrick

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/6/30

Quote:

jensclas wrote:
Care to share what it was that solved your problem? Thanks

Hello,

I would sure like to know that too. As I have the same problem. In debug mode I get:

Fatal errorOnly variables can be passed by reference in /home/walrick/public_html/xoops/userinfo.php on line 115

XOOPS Version: 2.0.14
Module Name/Version: System
PHP Version: 5.0.5
MySQL Version: 4.0.25-standard
Web Server Software: Apache version 1.3.36 (Unix)
Operating System: Linux
Theme you are using: not relevant (happened with default and now with fydarkblack)
Custom template: No

A full description of the issue:

userinfo.php gives a blank page
user.php forwards to userinfo.php and therefore also a blank page.

In case the following info is relevant as well:

All errors (0queries (12blocks (6extra (0timers (5
ErrorsQueries
SELECT 
FROM xoops_config WHERE (conf_modid '0' AND conf_catid '1'ORDER BY conf_order ASC
SELECT sess_data FROM xoops_session WHERE sess_id 
'a3d2b34db967894e021dc7a81364fd0a'
SELECT FROM xoops_users WHERE uid=1
SELECT 
FROM xoops_config WHERE (conf_modid '0' AND conf_catid '2'ORDER BY conf_order ASC
SELECT 
FROM xoops_config WHERE (conf_modid '0' AND conf_catid '3'ORDER BY conf_order ASC
SELECT DISTINCT gperm_itemid FROM xoops_group_permission WHERE gperm_name 
'block_read' AND gperm_modid AND gperm_groupid IN (1,2)
SELECT b.* FROM xoops_newblocks bxoops_block_module_link m WHERE m.block_id=b.bid AND b.isactive=AND b.visible=AND m.module_id=AND b.bid IN (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17ORDER BY b.weight,b.bid
SELECT COUNT
(*) FROM xoops_priv_msgs WHERE (read_msg '0' AND to_userid '1')
SELECT FROM xoops_modules WHERE (hasmain '1' AND isactive '1' AND weight '0'ORDER BY weight ASCmid ASC
SELECT 
FROM xoops_group_permission WHERE (gperm_name 'module_read' AND gperm_modid '1' AND (gperm_groupid '1' OR gperm_groupid '2'))
SELECT gperm_itemid FROM xoops_group_permission WHERE gperm_modid='' AND gperm_name='myalbum_global' AND (gperm_groupid IN (1,2))
SELECT u.uidu.unameu.emailu.user_viewemailu.user_avatarg.name AS groupname FROM xoops_groups_users_link l LEFT JOIN xoops_users u ON l.uid=u.uid LEFT JOIN xoops_groups g ON l.groupid=g.groupid WHERE g.group_type='Admin' ORDER BY l.groupidu.uid
Total
12 queriesBlocks
User Menu
No Cache
Login
No Cache
Search
No Cache
Main Menu
No Cache
Site Info
No Cache
Themes
No Cache
Total
6 blocksExtraTimers
XOOPS took 0.825 seconds to load
XOOPS Boot took 0.301 seconds to load.
Module init took 0.085 seconds to load.
XOOPS output init took 0.415 seconds to load.
Module display took 0.024 seconds to load.

The rest of XOOPS works fine so far. Just installed today. So haven't done to much yet.

Thanks for any help.

Regards,

Walrick
Netherlands

Login

Who's Online

490 user(s) are online (56 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 490

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits