eierhahn
Static Contend Page linked from Main Menu
  • 2006/6/16 15:52

• eierhahn

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/6/15

Hi there,

I want to create a page with static content for my website (amongst others an "About" page), with a link in the main menu pointing to this page.

What I want is a Menu looking like this:
Main Menu
- Home
- About
- Another Static Content Page
- Forum

I've downloaded several Modules for creating static content pages but wasn't able to create a menu in the just described manner. I always got menus looking like:
Main Menu
- Home
- ModuleName
--- About
--- Another Static Content Page
- Forum

Of course I can hide the Menu-Entry for a Module, but then their Sub-Enries are hidden, too...

Can someone tell me, whether or not it is possible to create a Menu-Entries in a way I've described above and which Module may be best suited for my purpose?

Regards and thx in advance,
- Eierhahn

gestroud
Re: Static Contend Page linked from Main Menu
  • 2006/6/16 17:12

• gestroud

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/12/22

Which modules have you tried? You should be able to do what you want to accomplish with Content, Tiny Content, TinyD (or is it Tiny0?), and possibly Edito.

eierhahn
  • 2006/6/16 21:04

• eierhahn

• Just popping in

So far, I've tried WF-Channel, Cjay Content and as far as I remeber Tiny Content.
I will review Tiny Content and the other Modules you have mentioned, again. However, it is good to know, that this is possible at all

Thx,
- Eierhahn

JMorris
  • 2006/6/16 21:14

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/4/11

If you want SEF URLs and you're not affraid to hand edit your HTML when changes need to be made, I suggest PageWrap (MyPage by JackJ). Essentially, it's an empty module what "wraps" your XOOPS install around a static page.

HTH.

James
Insanity can be defined as "doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

Stupidity is not a crime. Therefore, you are free to go.

eierhahn
  • 2006/6/17 11:15

• eierhahn

• Just popping in

Hmm... I still haven't figured it out.
I have installed TinyContent and EditO now and have the same problems as with all the other modules I have tried.

And I wonder, whether my problem has become clear, as this forum 'swallowed' some space characters in my first post (which I have corrected now)

I want a static page linked from the root-level of the main-menu. But all Modules create a root-entry named after the module and further sub-entries for each content page.
This may make sense, if I want to create a section e.g. "Articles" and list a number of pages in this section. Then I could rename the menu-entry of the module to "Articles" and would have a menu like:

- Home
- Articles
--- Name of Article 1
--- Name of Article 2
- Forum

In most modules I have tried, I can select, wheter I want menu-entries or not. But these entries (if activated) always appear as sub-entries of the module itself. And if I deactivate the menu-entry of the module, consequently all sub-entries are hidden, too...

- Eierhahn

msdana
  • 2006/6/17 11:58

• msdana

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2005/12/11

It sounds like you want to make custom menus. If that is the case, try MultiMenu.

HTH
[size=x-small]If God is watching us, the least we can do is be entertaining.[/size]
Graphic Worx : Xoops Themes

Alan-A
  • 2006/6/17 13:34

• Alan-A

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/2/17

Hi Eierhahn,
I had a similar problem on a site of mine (which at the moment isn't on line).
I solved it using multiple installations of the TinyD module, which is a version of Tiny Content which can be installed up to 10 times on a XOOPS Site.
Each installation of TinyD automatically gave me an entry in the main XOOPS menu and most of those installations had only one page in them. But for each TinyD module you can build a hierarchy of sub-menu categories.
Before trying to multiply install TinyD you should read the instructions (if I remember they're in the ReadMe file which comes with TinyD). Then you'll have no problem getting the menu structure you describe.
Good Luck,
Alan

Login

Who's Online

246 user(s) are online (165 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 246

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits