Gozmolsa
Contact form php 5
  • 2006/6/16 14:20

• Gozmolsa

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/6/13

I need a customized contact form that works with PHP5. I have tried all the modules currently in the repository. I really liked Formulaire, but it won't work with PHP5 and my host refuses to downgrade to PHP4.
Could someone update one of the current modules to work under PHP5 or maybe create a new one. I'd like the ability to send the submissions to a XOOPS user group either by private message or by e-mail.
Thanks.

P.S.- Here are the errors I get while PHP debug is enabled (when I click submit on the create form element page):
Notice [PHP]: Only variable references should be returned by reference in file include/functions.php line 493
Notice 
[PHP]: Only variable references should be returned by reference in file include/functions.php line 493
Notice 
[PHP]: Only variable references should be returned by reference in file include/functions.php line 493
Notice 
Notice 
Notice 
Notice 
Notice 
[PHP]: Only variable references should be returned by reference in file kernel/configitem.php line 97
Notice 
[PHP]: Only variable references should be returned by reference in file kernel/configitem.php line 97
Notice 
Notice 
Notice 
Notice 
[PHP]: Only variable references should be returned by reference in file include/functions.php line 523
Notice 
[PHP]: Only variable references should be returned by reference in file modules/formulaire/class/elements.php line 68
Notice 

hervet
Re: Contact form php 5
  • 2006/6/16 14:33

• hervet

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/11/4

Hello,

Formulaire will be soon published with some corrections for Php5.

Bye,
Hervé

Gozmolsa
  • 2006/6/19 12:56

• Gozmolsa

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/6/13

Thanks so much, that will be a big help.

gemtech
  • 2006/9/20 11:14

• gemtech

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/8/18

Need any help with that? Like, getting it to work this week?
Feel free to email me if I can help with development, and translating into English.

hervet
  • 2006/9/20 15:43

• hervet

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/11/4

Formulaire was upgraded a "long time ago".

xooper
  • 2006/10/3 20:08

• xooper

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/9/20

I am having the same problem. It is my first time using Formulaire and at least you have told me that there is something not compatible with PHP 5.

I also get the debug error when I try and add an element to a form. Also, I cannot delete elements and when I look in the form table where the elements are supposed to be located there is no entry. Somehow the database queries are failing I think.

Notice: Only variable references should be returned by reference in file /modules/formulaire/class/elements.php line 69
Notice: unserialize() [function.unserialize]: Argument is not a string in file /kernel/object.php line 367

Regards,

Xooper

xooper
Possible solution: Re: Contact form php 5
  • 2006/10/5 4:34

• xooper

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/9/20

Hello,

I have been playing around with Formulaire with PHP5 and found an error with the following simple fix -

Here was my problem -

I could create a new form but could not add any elements to the form or delete elements from the original Formulaire sample form.

Solution -

in the class/elements.php file about line 92, the element class name is case specific, so I changed formulaireformulaire to FormulaireFormulaire with capital F's and it worked.

// if( get_class($element) != formulaireformulaire'){
if( get_class($element) != 'FormulaireFormulaire'){

Now I can add new form elements on both on my local windows test version and hosted webserver linux version.

Hope this helps,

Xooper

chippyash
  • 2006/10/8 7:31

• chippyash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/1/29

Those errors you are getting are 'notices' i.e. they wont stop the thing working. PHP5 has much stricter error checking than PHP4 and one of the most most annoying things it notices is when you have a pass-by-reference return that isn't instantiated to a variable prior to returning the value. XOOPS code (both 2.0 and 2.2 ) is littered with these "errors".

Regards
A

chippyash
  • 2006/10/8 7:40

• chippyash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/1/29

Did you try Liaise? It's the one I use on 2.0 and 2.2 sites. I've even hacked it to use the
ACrystalhack security image

Regards
A

Login

Who's Online

198 user(s) are online (54 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 198

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits