HazardEffect
Re: Cloned Content module + new FCK editor

Quote:

borpin wrote:
Why do you need cloned modules?

The menus had to go in 2 separate blocks, this was a reqirement of the site design. One menu on each side of the page. And I'm no XOOPS expert, so I have to admit I've no idea how to do this without cloning the modules (or even if it can be done easily).

Quote:

borpin wrote:
OK I just had a look at your site (very nice!). I think what you need is multiple menus rather than a complete duplication of the module. The disadvantage of the cloned module is that you cannot easily move a page between them (plus all the extra overhead of 2 modules).

Am I right?

Yes that would be better, providing the menus could be split between blocks. Also, for my sites (I have to set up 8 of these ) one group can have admin access to one menu only, with another group accessing the second menu only. But for general use, the single module approach would be easier.

jagibu
  • 2006/6/15 9:14

• jagibu

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/6/17

I'm working on this module, too.
Project Content is stoped, so I do some modyfication based on Content with page titles (ver o.6) and add
- choise of second editor - tinyeditor - install from tinyeditor module
- FCKeditor (2.2 in ver 0.81, 2.3 in ver.0.82) moved to default path /class
- more spaces in dbase table for HTML content (longtext)
- switching content html from file or dbase
- more space for pagetitles
- option to multilanguages by Marcan ( XOOPS 2.0.13 ) ver. 0.81 ML
- and little other

DOWNLOAD CONTENT 0.81
upgradeing from COntent 0.5 need adding
ALTER TABLE `xoops_content` ADD `ptitle` TEXT default NULL AFTER `text` ;

I'm looking for cooperation in increasing functions in this module ...
www.artcode.eu
www.polfran.pl
www.sitkowskibor.pl

dargosch
  • 2006/6/15 9:47

• dargosch

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/12/21

Hi,

Quote:
borpin wrote:
Why do you need cloned modules?

The reason why I really needded the loned version of the contents module is the following:

*) I run an organisation website. Each club in the organisation would liek to have therir own "space", providing what would be the equivalent of a club web page. Now, the downsides of a single module approach is:
- If a number of pages is named the same way, like "contact info", it is very difficult fto find them in the Edit admin page when you would like to change the weight.
- All users with admin privelages to the module may make a mistake and damage some other clubs page.
- It is a bit complicated to get each club to have an automatically updated menu, and when you manage it, you loos the ability to have sub-menus.

So, the cloned version of the contents module was a blessing for us. I just have to get them all working.

Although, it would be nice to have all the FCKeditor stuff outside of teh module. That would spare some overhead.

/Fredrik
My Gentoo + PVR-350 + IVTV + MythTV blog is on
http://gentoomythtv.blogspot.com/

borpin
  • 2006/6/15 12:00

• borpin

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/2/4 2

Quote:

jagibu wrote:
I'm working on this module, too.
Project Content is stoped

I'm looking for cooperation in increasing functions in this module ...

Well content hasn't stopped just that davinci hasn't done anything. I got him to add me in as an admin so if you want I can add you to the development and we could move some of this stuff over to the module development site.

I have done a fair bit including lots of bug fixes on the ptitle version and am trying to bring this all together.

By combining our ideas we could move on much more.

borpin
  • 2006/6/15 12:19

• borpin

• Just popping in

Quote:

jagibu wrote:
I do some modification based on Content with page titles (ver o.6) and add
- choise of second editor - tinyeditor - install from tinyeditor module
- FCKeditor (2.2 in ver 0.81, 2.3 in ver.0.82) moved to default path /class
- more spaces in dbase table for HTML content (longtext)
- switching content html from file or dbase
- more space for pagetitles
- option to multilanguages by Marcan ( XOOPS 2.0.13 ) ver. 0.81 ML
- and little other

I have had a looked at the differences in 0.81 (using csdiff tool). It is not that much changed from what I have and I have found a few bugs you haven't!!!

I suggest we combine these changes and produce a combined version via the Content Dev websitehttp://dev.xoops.org/.

I also suggest discussion on new features be done there.

Cheers

MadFish
  • 2006/6/15 16:38

• MadFish

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/9/27

Quote:
The reason why I really needded the loned version of the contents module is the following:

*) I run an organisation website. Each club in the organisation would liek to have therir own "space", providing what would be the equivalent of a club web page.

So, the cloned version of the contents module was a blessing for us. I just have to get them all working.

Have you had a look at TinyD ? It comes pre-cloned, you can have 10 instances and make more if you want. Beautiful module.

I working on a similar thing for my work site - each programme manager wants their own 'website' but as one organization we need to keep everything tied together in one site so its searchable etc.

We are going to use an instance of TinyD as the 'home page' of each programme, so we can give them a custom block/page layout. We have also cloned some of the main blocks and made them topic specific, so each programme page will have its own topic-specific news headlines, downloads etc. Will be sort of like a bunch of mini portals wrapped in a single unhacked XOOPS install.

Kind of hard to explain...when the new stuff gets turned on I'll post the link...

borpin
  • 2006/6/15 16:49

• borpin

• Just popping in

Quote:

MadFish wrote:
Quote:

*) I run an organisation website. Each club in the organisation would liek to have therir own "space", providing what would be the equivalent of a club web page.

Have you had a look at TinyD ? It comes pre-cloned, you can have 10 instances and make more if you want. Beautiful module.

I working on a similar thing for my work site - each programme manager wants their own 'website' but as one organization we need to keep everything tied together in one site so its searchable etc.

I have been thinking about this. I think one possible answer is to provide the ability to group sets of Content pages together with editor permissions given over that set of pages. Pages could be displayed by their grouping as could permissions etc.

The issue of multiple menus could be solved a bit like multimenu and pre-create 10(?) menus and then allow pages to be allocated to a specific menu.

The thing I use most in Content is the access permissions on individual pages.

dargosch
  • 2006/6/15 17:16

• dargosch

• Friend of XOOPS

Quote:

Indeed, I have, and I like it. However, the SPAW editor is too complicated for my users. Mainly, it is the imagemanager that terrifies them. So, the FCKeditor and Koivi editor works better for me, that's why I use for contents for the club pages.. and tinyD for everything else.(static, that is)

/Fredrik

dargosch
  • 2006/6/15 17:18

• dargosch

• Friend of XOOPS

Quote:

? Is there such a feature? Where is it? Is it in the new version?

/Fredrik

borpin
  • 2006/6/15 19:34

• borpin

• Just popping in

Quote:

dargosch wrote:
Quote:

? Is there such a feature? Where is it? Is it in the new version?
/Fredrik

It is in a version that I found from somewhere. The permisssions menu is actually hidden as there is a bug in the menu system. I will upload it to the dev site as soon as I get time.

Login

Who's Online

246 user(s) are online (167 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 246

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits