RRice
Unsure how to do this with Xoops
  • 2006/6/10 16:56

• RRice

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/2/28

we just set up a sub-domain for our site. what i am looking to do is, when a vistor comes to our site, they see an intro page. from there they have the choose to enter the main site or the sub domain.

i downloaded EasyWeb module, to help. but what happens is, it displays in the main menu whichi don't want. but also, it displays the images i put in, on our main page.

our site ishttp://187platoon.clanservers.com
in html this is easy. i've done it lots of times. but with XOOPS it's different.

i have a flash movie intro i am working on, and this is the first thing i want people to see when they show up.

how can i accomplish this? i love xoops, but sometimes it gives me such a headache :)

thank you.

RRice
Re: Unsure how to do this with Xoops
  • 2006/6/11 14:52

• RRice

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/2/28

anyone able to help me?

Lance_
  • 2006/6/11 15:57

• Lance_

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/1/12

What is the relation between the main site and subdomain site? Different sites altogether or do they share some content?

Not exactly sure what you need to do.
GDL-Web.com :: Website development.
Xoopslance.com::Freelancing and Projects
thelionsden-arena.net:: Clan/League/Ladder Hosting

gestroud
  • 2006/6/11 16:50

• gestroud

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/12/22

I think one of the problems is that not too many people are familiar with the EasyWeb module. It's only been rated by two people, who both gave it the lowest rating possible. It also appears to be a Release Candidate. Basically, it's not a fully-developed module.

You may have to re-assess your setup, uninstall EasyWeb and just use a static Welcome page that leads to either of the two sites.

One problem you may experience is index.html vs. index.php for your main site. Whenever someone clicks "Home" on your Main Menu, they'll probably be redirected to the Welcome Page. You can most likely avoid that by creating a custom Main Menu using a module like Multimenu or any of the other navigation modules in XOOPS Module Repository. Just look here

https://xoops.org/modules/repository/viewcat.php?cid=62

There are a couple to choose from.

Login

Who's Online

153 user(s) are online (94 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 153

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits