EyeKeeper
News module - upload problem with xoops 2.2.4
  • 2006/2/22 16:41

• EyeKeeper

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2002/6/11

Hello!

I'm testing the news module (v 1.44) on XOOPS 2.2.4 and I get to a strange problem I'm not getting through...

When I try to upload a file when inserting or editing news it seems like it 'looses' the variable's content, ie, when I define c:\mypic.jpg and click on 'post' or 'preview' this reference is 'deleted' and I can't get any files upload, but I don't get any error messages, though.

Has anyone experienced this issue? I looked throughout the forums and using the search, but I didn't find anything related to a bug or something like that... neither on the dev page...

One thing I already changed is to remove file check that was commented in one of the posts I found and this solved a nasty upload error message for invalid file type.

Any help welcomed!

thanks

[edited by me]
I have already defined all the permissions and who can upload.
[/edited]

EyeKeeper
Re: News module - upload problem with xoops 2.2.4
  • 2006/2/23 16:58

• EyeKeeper

• Quite a regular

bump for help

gestroud
  • 2006/2/23 17:03

• gestroud

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/12/22

I've never used the upload feature for the news module, so I'm kind of curious. Where does it upload the files to? The uploads folder? A subfolder? Does the folder have to be created and have permissions set by the webmaster like some modules?

EyeKeeper
  • 2006/2/23 17:10

• EyeKeeper

• Quite a regular

to be able to upload files toy have do define permission for whom is able to upload... the upload folder (if I'm not mistaken is the standard upload on XOOPS root)

gestroud
  • 2006/2/23 17:40

• gestroud

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/12/22

Yes, it's the "standard" folder, but some modules have proprietary uploads folders (debaser and quite a few others), and some create subfolders in the uploads folder. If you use newbb, for example, you'll see a subfolder for it in your uploads folder.

Liger
  • 2006/3/16 2:40

• Liger

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/1/26

RedEye, I have a question for you. In this comment from you

Quote:
One thing I already changed is to remove file check that was commented in one of the posts I found and this solved a nasty upload error message for invalid file type.

where exactly did you remove the file check? I have found nothing in the news module itself or in the system setup itself. If you would be so kind as to point me in the right direction becasue I have the same issue. I can't seem to upload and I "do" get the nasty invalid file type and can't figure out how to get rid of it.

I am using XOOPS 2.2.4 with news module 1.44.

Regards,
JP
Americans for Fair Taxationhttp://www.fairtax.org

ik2xnw
  • 2006/6/10 16:35

• ik2xnw

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/5/3 9

I had similar problems when I wanted to upload a jpg file. Simple set, in module preferences, the file size from default 100 kb to bigger one. Probably, there is a bug.. 100kb stated, are not efectively "kb".. Cheese!

Login

Who's Online

201 user(s) are online (110 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 201

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits