Quest
Re: Blocks in the Main Page appear and disapear...
  • 2006/6/8 20:28

• Quest

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/11/19

What method do you use to access your Database? Do you get to it using a CPANEL with your hosting provider?

SallyB
  • 2006/6/8 20:38

• SallyB

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/1/24

yup, that's right... i have access to phpMyAdmin...

jensclas

Hi Sally - Login in C panel, click the MY SQL button. This brings you to an account maintenance page. Locate your XOOPS dtabase and click "Check" - if there are errors it will tell you - then do 'repair'. Let us know how you go.

Quest
  • 2006/6/8 20:42

• Quest

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/11/19

My provider allows me to check the database and repair the database without actually going into phpmyadmin. Buttons are right next to the database(s). If yours doesn't then you can do it from phpmyadmin. I can't walk you through it though but try going to your database and look around, I think it is under the Operations tab near the top.

Sorry jensclas! Guess you were posting at same time.

SallyB
  • 2006/6/8 22:41

• SallyB

• Just popping in

ok, i was waiting for my boyfriend to get home and to this together :P so i dont screw it up ...

I got into my database, press check and show me no error...

I press another thing, php my admin... i got into my XOOPS database, and it showed to me all the tables, some of them had some bites to clean (all my things are in spanish so is kinda hard to translate them)...

I select them all, and it showed to me everything OK, but at the end of the page, there were like 20 "warnings"... More than one key was created for the primary something...

I selected the tables with things to clean, and i cleaned them, now no table needs to be cleaned...

Anyway, i selected ALL tables and pressed "repair" even though they were ok...

and then i got back to my DB admin of my provider, and press repair too, even tough nothing was wrong over there too...

That's it, everything seems to be ok... nothing new yet, the issue is still there >_<

I just pressed check again on the tables, the warnings are still there:

"Problemas con los índices de la tabla `xoops_banner`
Las claves PRIMARIA e INDICE no deben seleccionarse juntas para la columna `bid` "

"problems with the index in the table "xoops_bammer"
the PRIMARY key (or password) and INDEX should not be selected together for the colum "bid"...

:S?

SallyB
  • 2006/6/8 22:50

• SallyB

• Just popping in

errors image:
http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/2775/ss8ug.jpg

I dont know if this helps because of the language, but i already translate something above...

The errors are:

The PRIMARY and INDEX key (or passwords) shouldnt be selected together for...

More than one INDEX key (password) is created for the colum...

javier
  • 2006/6/9 19:24

• javier

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2002/8/6 1

I have these problem too, but only in server resource spikes, i think is about the number of concurrent users in a certain period of time.
Check the online users block every time you have these problem for discover if that's the problem or not.

-----------
Hola SallyB, generalmente suelo sufrir ese problema SOLAMENTE cuando tengo muchos usuarios navegando mi sitioweb al mismo tiempo, ellos te preguntaron justamente sobre la carga del server, si estas en un server compartido, osea comun no te vas a poder dar cuenta de la carga del servidor,
guiate por el numero de usuarios en linea, la proxima vez que te pase esto fijate cuantos usuarios en linea hay en ese momento en tu sitio, para determinar si efectivamente se produce solo cuando hay muchos navegando al mismo tiempo.
saludos
javier

SallyB
  • 2006/6/9 19:39

• SallyB

• Just popping in

actually, the blocks dont appear anymore :S

---------------------------

La verdad javier es que los bloques nunca mas aparecieron, en mi base de datos tengo instalado un blog y xoops, nada mas.

Y xoops, tiene a lo sumo, 20 usuarios online, donde 18 son los no registrados.... es poco!

theprof
  • 2006/6/9 22:11

• theprof

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/7/14

SALLY is your problem like mine? when you go to the ADMIN. menu..and click on blocks...you see the blocks you made..but there is no info in them anymore?

SallyB
  • 2006/6/9 22:29

• SallyB

• Just popping in

nope, that's not the problem... the problem is all the blocks wich isnt System, are gone... blocks with i put them over there, in the frontpage... they are gone.

Login

Who's Online

164 user(s) are online (108 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 164

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits