Quest
A good Content Module?
  • 2006/6/8 12:03

• Quest

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/11/19

I am looking for a good content module. I have done research on them but still don't fully understand just how they work or even which one to download. Any advice on which one to use and preferably one with some decent instructs?

I am using XOOPS version 2.0.14 RC1.

Can I wrap another php program with its own database into xoops? How? I am very unexperienced at something like this wrapping business so any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Quest

MadFish
Re: A good Content Module?
  • 2006/6/8 12:44

• MadFish

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/9/27

Get yourself a copy of TinyD, a duplicatable content module. All they do is basically allow you to create custom html (static) pages for your site.

In TinyD (and some of the others) you have the option of 1. creating html pages directly in the module (ie. typing your text into a submission form), or 2. preparing a html page seperately (maybe in an editing program like Dreamweaver) and then uploading it into the module ('wrapping').

Generally they are for use with static content only. Some of the links modules have the option of showing the linked site in a frame, so you might be able to kludge dynamic wrapping that way (or someone else might have a better idea).

Login

Who's Online

395 user(s) are online (122 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 395

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Aug 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits