sednax
webmaster resource site
  • 2006/6/5 13:40

• sednax

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/6/5 1

sednax.ws

I just implemented XOOPS in it. What do you think??

gestroud
Re: webmaster resource site
  • 2006/6/5 17:49

• gestroud

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/12/22

Looks like a good start. Have a feeling requiring registration to read articles will turn people off; there are way too many webmaster resource sites that provide similar information without requiring registration.

On the Tools & Info page, Miscellaneous is spelled wrong.

For some reason, the Who's Online block shows how many people are online, but says 0 for whatever page/module that's being visited. And the pop up window shows tells me that I'm in one module when I was actually in another. Do you have cache set on the block?

Beyond that, I don't see much wrong with it. The articles thing is pretty big, especially since it's the home page module.

sednax
  • 2006/6/5 18:28

• sednax

• Just popping in

Thanks for the good feedback gestroud

OOPS when i installed AMS, i forgot to change permissions... i guess that's why.. i didn't mean that ;)

i already thought that why people didn't read the articles.. thanks you noticed it.. i've changed the Miscellaneous text but the who's online block has no chache on it.. i don't know what it could be...

gestroud
  • 2006/6/5 19:29

• gestroud

• Home away from home

Much better ! You have some good articles there. My next bit of advice - particularly if you want people to take your work seriously - would be to make sure you spellcheck everything before and after you post.

Examples

choise should be choice

paniced panicked

symptomes symptoms

Sorry if I'm being picky, but I usually stop reading after I come across three or four words spelled wrong - no matter how good the information is.

sednax
  • 2006/6/6 13:52

• sednax

• Just popping in

thanks

well english is not my first language.. so spelling is not very good.. but you are right.. (i don't check the spelling either when i wrote an article ) i better begin good than rewrite everything later, so i'm going to check everything now

gestroud
  • 2006/6/6 14:29

• gestroud

• Home away from home

If English is not your first language, then you are doing a FANTASTIC job - better than some people who spoke it all of their lives.

sednax
  • 2006/6/6 18:01

• sednax

• Just popping in

heh thanks

well i do my best i've rewritten all articles. thanks a lot for your feedback

Login

Who's Online

199 user(s) are online (128 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 199

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits