Marco
Re: Dutch month format
  • 2006/6/2 19:45

• Marco

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/3/15

if it works in archive.php, you need to look in News module why it doesn't work, no ?

include_once XOOPS_ROOT_PATH.'/language/'.$xoopsConfig['language'].'/calendar.php';

should be the code in use...
marco
Do synergy or die.

incama
  • 2006/6/3 6:51

• incama

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/10/24

Quote:

Marco wrote:
if it works in archive.php, you need to look in News module why it doesn't work, no ?

it more about a solution (I haven't tested the above yet) that is permanent.

Mith said the following
Quote:

If there is going to be a solution of this problem on a core level, it will probably be in XOOPS version 2.3 on which Skalpa will disclose more information soon.

In the meantime all went quiet.

For now,.I guess my quest ends here, at least I have tried (for more then 6 months).

I'm tired of trying!
Webdesign
Sitting Ducks?!
I hate politics, give me a stylie instead...

snow77
  • 2006/6/3 7:03

• snow77

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/7/23

why don't you consult hervet about this?
www.polymorphee.com
www.xoopsdesign.com

Marco
  • 2006/6/3 8:03

• Marco

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/3/15

Quote:

snow77 wrote:

yep,he's currently analysing this mistake
Do synergy or die.

hervet
  • 2006/6/3 8:20

• hervet

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/11/4

Quote:

Marco wrote:
Quote:

snow77 wrote:

yep,he's currently analysing this mistake

no no no.
Please.
I don't have any time for this moment.

snow77
  • 2006/6/3 8:38

• snow77

• Just can't stay away

Thank you for your update. I don't know which way is best in coding the right way, but I'm sure hervet has tried to do his best way in doing his module, I'm not so sure it is a mistake, maybe just something he passed through, not necessarily a "conscious" mistake, anyways I wouldn't call it exactly a news module related thing.

It would be nice what incama says a "global" nice way of functioning of the date, I ocassioanlly use the same "date_code"...since there is no other actual more "real = smarty = functional " way I know of doing it in xoops... as internal default code for future coding this could be something good that could be kept in mind.
www.polymorphee.com
www.xoopsdesign.com

snow77
  • 2006/6/3 8:42

• snow77

• Just can't stay away

...sorry hervet... had not noticed you were writing the same moment as I. I understand we all have our special moments of giving to xoops,,, and your module is one of the best of xoops.. nothing to worry about
www.polymorphee.com
www.xoopsdesign.com

Anonymous
  • 2006/6/3 9:03

• Anonymous

• Since:

What you want is an easy solution to a very difficult problem. If there was an easy solution it would have been done already.

Localised date names is a very complicated issue. Every server environment treats it differently, uses different locale names, has different locales available, PHP also has different possibilities depending on the version - to have a global XOOPS function that's available for all server environments, all PHP versions and all languages is a big task.

It will be done, as numerous developers and also a core developer has already told you... demanding that devs drop everything they are working on right now and only focus on this one issue is pretty unreasonable.

incama
  • 2006/6/3 9:26

• incama

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/10/24

Quote:

-Juliette- wrote:
What you want is an easy solution to a very difficult problem. If there was an easy solution it would have been done already.

Localised date names is a very complicated issue. Every server environment treats it differently, uses different locale names, has different locales available, PHP also has different possibilities depending on the version - to have a global XOOPS function that's available for all server environments, all PHP versions and all languages is a big task.

It will be done, as numerous developers and also a core developer has already told you... demanding that devs drop everything they are working on right now and only focus on this one issue is pretty unreasonable.

I don't know who you are adressing with this post, if you have a look at the first post it's dated december 2005! I know marcan invested alot of his time into this and asked the help of some core developers, only Mith was noble enough to help, but we know what happened with Jan. I didn't catch any posts from other core developers, neither core developers telling me that they don't have time (except Herve just did today). With the release of the 2.0.14 I again asked the core developers about the time date issue,,,,no reaction at all.

I have never been disrespectfull against any developer that is related to Xoops, you sure can ask around, and it's not my intention to do so. But I have the feeling that this is a too complex issue which is still ignored.

And because I'm flexible, if the core developers tell us they can't fix it, fine by me. At least I have tried.
Webdesign
Sitting Ducks?!
I hate politics, give me a stylie instead...

hervet
  • 2006/6/3 9:46

• hervet

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/11/4

Hello,

Quote:

I don't know who you are adressing with this post, if you have a look at the first post it's dated december 2005!

Please keep cool.

Quote:

I know marcan invested alot of his time into this and asked the help of some core developers,

Yes !
Not only HE spent mucht time but so do I, even with Marcan.
Really, be sure that if the problem was easy to solve, it
will be solved since a long time.

Quote:

only Mith was noble enough to help,

Thank you for me and Marcan

Quote:

I didn't catch any posts from other core developers, neither core developers telling me that they don't have time (except Herve just did today).

Marco talked me, again, of this problem this morning (in fact he even harassed me)

Quote:

With the release of the 2.0.14 I again asked the core developers about the time date issue,,,,no reaction at all.

Even if the core was providning you a miraculous solution, this will not solve the problem at all.

Think to all the modules that are directly using the Php date's function and not the XOOPS formatTimestamp() function... You will even not see the difference !

Quote:

I have never been disrespectfull against any developer that is related to Xoops, you sure can ask around, and it's not my intention to do so. But I have the feeling that this is a too complex issue which is still ignored.

I have the sensation to hear marco !
"ok I see, it's too hard for you"

Quote:

And because I'm flexible, if the core developers tell us they can't fix it, fine by me. At least I have tried.

For myslef and my own module, I will try to provide a quick and dirty solution/hack (for the news module as the first).

bye,
Hervé

Login

Who's Online

217 user(s) are online (162 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 217

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits