Quest
Where can I find the file for the Preferences/General Settings
  • 2006/5/31 22:11

• Quest

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/11/19

I was wanting to take a look at something for possible modification on my site(s). But before I can go any further with the idea I need to find the file that makes up the preferences/general settings page. I have looked but it is evading me. <-- this is my confused face, which I am about 90% of the time.

I am using the 2.0.14 RC1 version. The update went great, so far.

Quest

m0nty
Re: Where can I find the file for the Preferences/General Settings
  • 2006/5/31 23:04

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

xoops_version.php in system folder i think..

tcnet
  • 2006/5/31 23:52

• tcnet

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2006/5/12

Try modules/system/admin/preferences/main.php

Quest
  • 2006/6/1 3:39

• Quest

• Friend of XOOPS

Thanks for the help. But unfortunately I was still unable to locate what I was looking for. Plus. It looks like it would be beyond my feable knowledge to accomplish my idea anyway.

I was hoping I could maybe do this and give something back to the community. If it worked and anyone liked the idea. So here it is in a nut shell.

Do you ever get frustrated when your site is on and you decide to do some modifications, i.e. to templates but you forgot to set the UPDATE Template/HTML or now (v 2.0.14-RC)is Check templates for modifications ? So now after doing the modifications you have to go to admin/preferences/general settings scroll down select YES then scroll to the bottom and click GO.
I was thinking it would be much easier if I had that option of course in the admin/preferences/general settings but also could set it up so the edit template form had at the top or somewhere convenient the same type of option/feature. That way it is right there when you need it, especially for us knuckleheads who don't always remember to go into the General Settings.

Turns out to be way above my level. But hey! I tried.

Quest

m0nty
  • 2006/6/1 10:57

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

if u edit the templates on the server yes.

if you use the the template editor in XOOPS admin, there's no need., that's what it's for. clone the default set, and then you can edit the templates all you like either by editing them in the editor, or download them, edit them in your editor and then upload the edited template via the template manager. there's no need then.. but you must clone them 1st.. then goto preferences and set the cloned set as default.

Dave_L
  • 2006/6/1 11:06

• Dave_L

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/11/7

Those settings are stored in the database, in the xxxx_config table, where "xxxx" is your table prefix.

Quest
  • 2006/6/1 11:09

• Quest

• Friend of XOOPS

Hi Monty- I have cloned the template. But if the general settings setting for updating them is not set to YES then it doesn't always reflect the change. Actually, more times not. For example, the other day I simply wanted to add a hr just under the question before the actual answer on a smartfaq template. I couldn't figure out why it wasn't reflecting the change. I then recalled I had forgotten to set the general setting for the template modifications to YES. I went through and set it to YES, then back to the template and made sure my hr change was still there and then refreshed and it worked then.

Quest

Login

Who's Online

294 user(s) are online (75 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 294

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits