wtravel
Universal Billing module for XOOPS

Wouldn't it be nice to have a billing module available that can be integrated into each other XOOPS module that requires it? At the moment there are numerous modules for XOOPS with a billing feature, each module has its own tables for payment handling and billing information, its own set of code that is not always re-usable.

I had the idea of creating this module for a longer time now, but untill this week I did not have any time for it. In the coming months I will be working on a module that requires a billing feature as well, and so this is my opportunity to work on the uniform XOOPS billing module.

Are there any developers that would like to join the effort to speed up development of this module and prevent double standards? Let me know and we can start something up.

andycleff
Re: Universal Billing module for XOOPS
  • 2006/5/25 17:02

• andycleff

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/4/29

I inquired about an integrated subscription/billing module - for levels of paid membership.

Marcan pointed me in the direction of "Subscription" Module from ThirdEye -http://products.thirdeyesoftware.com.

The current version is decent, but they are working on the next version which should make it great.

Perhaps there is a solution to some of the payment issues. Permissions for certain XOOPS access or functionality gets tied to User Groups. Membership to the Group is controlled by the Subscription module. With recurring billing by the Susbscription Module's gateway.

The subscription module has a plug-in architecture for payment gateways. Think they have PayPal working at the moment.
Andy Cleff
Ampersand Design, Inc
Doylestown, PA
-----
Helping our clients bring great ideas into shape through integrated marketing, creative branding, print and web strategy, online learning and e-commerce.

www.ampersandesign.net

davidl2
  • 2006/5/25 17:27

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

I believe Xasset can be used for this as well.

McNaz
  • 2006/5/25 17:43

• McNaz

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/4/21

Quote:
I believe Xasset can be used for this as well.

Indeed David but it doesn't do recurring billing yet.

I am planning to do a billing module soon (time and need allowing) that would have this feature. Hopefully I should then be in a position to implement this same feature in xAsset.

Cheers.

McNaz.

marcan
  • 2006/5/25 19:13

• marcan

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/10/8

Hi guys,

I'm interested in this as well. As you may know, we are working on a SmartObject framework to ease the creation / edition / deletion / listing of objects in a module. It could be interesting to develop this module base on SmartObject. I could take care of this part and other people, like McNaz could take care of the billing.
.:: marcan (aka mal aka Marc-André) ::.
.:: Open Source :: The SmartFactory ::.
.:: XOOPS Professional Services :: INBOX International ::.

McNaz
  • 2006/5/25 20:56

• McNaz

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/4/21

Sounds like a good plan Marcan. I'll keep you updated on any progress I make in the coming weeks.

Cheers.

McNaz.

mactoeknee
  • 2006/6/20 21:28

• mactoeknee

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/2/26

I am not sure if what I am looking for is what you are talking about, but I am looking for a module to enable me to bill clients for consulting work I do, keep track of my clients, generate invoices, etc.

I evaluated a great website called "Freshbooks" (http://freshbooks.com), formerly called "2ndSite", and it's really nice. The demo lets you put in up to three clients to try it out. Once I generate an invoice, the client gets an e-mail and can log in to see their invoice. My problem is that the next step up is $14/month for up to 25 clients, and that's way too big a step for me.

Is this type of thing what you guys are talking about? Or are you talking about billing users of a XOOPS site just for being registered users?

If so, do you know of a module which might be what I am looking for? I have found to-do and task manager modules, which are darn close.

Thanks for any info you can provide. T

Lance_
  • 2006/6/20 22:38

• Lance_

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/1/12

This isn't a XOOPS module but a standalone script. I use it for my billing.

cInvoice
GDL-Web.com :: Website development.
Xoopslance.com::Freelancing and Projects
thelionsden-arena.net:: Clan/League/Ladder Hosting

andycleff
  • 2006/6/20 22:59

• andycleff

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/4/29

Quote:
Is this type of thing what you guys are talking about? Or are you talking about billing users of a XOOPS site just for being registered users?

We're talking about being able to bill users to maintain a certain level (group) of membership on a XOOPs site.
Andy Cleff
Ampersand Design, Inc
Doylestown, PA
-----
Helping our clients bring great ideas into shape through integrated marketing, creative branding, print and web strategy, online learning and e-commerce.

www.ampersandesign.net

mactoeknee
  • 2006/6/20 23:22

• mactoeknee

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/2/26

Quote:

Lance_ wrote:
This isn't a XOOPS module but a standalone script. I use it for my billing.

cInvoice

Wow, did the demo-- a bit tougher to set up, but seems every bit as powerful as Freshbooks. Will save me a lot of money. Thanks so much for the tip. Though it would not be integrated with my XOOPS site, it can certainly still be on my server and linked for my clients. And when I finally hire someone to do my billing, he/she can do it remotely, which is what I was also looking for in a solution.

Thanks again.

Login

Who's Online

176 user(s) are online (114 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 176

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits