carlc7
How do I edit the header and footer?
  • 2006/5/18 8:41

• carlc7

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/5/14

I just downloaded XOOPS! and been using its default template. How do I edit the header and footer so that I can replace the XOOPS! logo with my own or change the background color?

using XOOPS! 2.0.13.x

mcleines
Re: How do I edit the header and footer?
  • 2006/5/18 8:54

• mcleines

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/10/7

Look into FAQ section, e.g.
https://xoops.org/modules/smartfaq/faq.php?faqid=212

mcleines

carlc7
  • 2006/5/18 10:58

• carlc7

• Just popping in

I followed the faq and was able to edit the header and footer.

How do I edit my start up page? I've been trying to add blocks to my start up page but it seems to end up only on the page for registered users.

Is there a way to edit the html start up page?

serf1
  • 2006/5/18 12:55

• serf1

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/11/30

You have to give anonymous users the right to see the blocks.

Under site admin

Choose System admin, Groups.

Click on modify: Anonymous Users

Under Block Access Rights, check those blocks that you want to be visible to everyone.

carlc7
  • 2006/5/18 13:33

• carlc7

• Just popping in

I created custom block (where I placed my html code) but it does not appear on anonymous usergroups.

carlc7
  • 2006/5/18 15:09

• carlc7

• Just popping in

Quote:

serf1 wrote:
You have to give anonymous users the right to see the blocks.

Under site admin

Choose System admin, Groups.

Click on modify: Anonymous Users

Under Block Access Rights, check those blocks that you want to be visible to everyone.

Still, the blocks are not appearing on my homepage :(
How come the custom blocks that I made appear only when the registered user logs in?

MadFish
  • 2006/5/18 15:40

• MadFish

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/9/27

When you create a custom block, the default behaviour of XOOPS is i) to allow registered users and webmasters to see the new block and ii) to NOT allow anonymous users to see it.

You need to go to admin => groups => anonymous and set the permissions so that anonymous users can see the custom block too (if that's what you want). You may also need to set what modules the block is actually visible in.

I suggest you download the Operations Guide, which you can find here. Have a read of the sections on groups and blocks.

With the start page, in admin => preferences you can change the start page to be any module that you have installed. I suggest you start with something easy like 'news' module, but if you want to have a custom HTML start page then install a html content module like tinyD.

carlc7
  • 2006/5/19 16:03

• carlc7

• Just popping in

Thanks! I can now edit my start page!

I just customized my start page using Auth module to wrap HTML content. But when I added custom blocks, the blocks were on top of my HTML content. How do I put the custom block below my html (index.html)?

and How do I add HTML pages that links to my index.html?

MadFish
  • 2006/5/19 16:53

• MadFish

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/9/27

I think you need to modify your theme.html file to make this change. If you look at its table structure in a visual editor like dreamweaver you can easily see how to move the blocks to below the main content.

If you download the document 'anatomy of the default theme' it has a diagram that shows you the layout of theme.html. I think it might also tell you how to move the blocks (can't remember).

I also saw a reference to a 'blocks below content' hack in the forums here the other day, I don't know what its about but if you search it might also be relevant to you.

I'm not sure I understand your second question, but if you mean how to set one of your custom html pages as the 'start' page for that module, have a look in the preferences/admin settings for that module. Most of the content modules allow you to set one particular html page as the 'default' for that module (ie. it will sort of be used as the index.html).

carlc7
  • 2006/5/20 3:33

• carlc7

• Just popping in

By using the Auth module, I am able to customize my start page (index.html). I have several other html pages which is linked to index.html.

The folder where I placed my index.html is in the Auth module which is --

.../public_html/modules/auth/sample/index.html

I don't know where to put my other customized html pages which is linked to the index.html

Login

Who's Online

150 user(s) are online (103 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 150

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits