Cuidiu
I'll take Shoutbox in Center Block for 100, please Alex!
  • 2006/5/17 20:20

• Cuidiu

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2006/4/23

I wanted the Shoutbox on its own page rather than in a sideblock and for whatever reason I could not get the Shoutbox to work that way. I had it set correct to 0=hide in Modules Administration, I added the block, etc... but no luck. After reading many posts and not finding a solution that worked for me (and many failed attempts) I finally got it working. If there is a better way, please let me know (I tried the remedies in the forums and then some!). Perhaps the following will save someone time. Hopefully, I remembered all the steps correctly.

Using the Content module with Site Menu feature:
- Add a content page:
- Link title: MyChat
- Page Title: ShoutBox
- External URL: leave empty
- Visible: Yes
- Content area: "Thank you for using Chat" (or similar if you wish in the content area)
- Choose your groups visibility.
- Submit

When you get to the edit content page (modules/content/admin/index.php?op=show) which appears after you submit, find the page you just created in the list. Under the "Visible" dropdown check to make sure it is set at "Yes".

Go into your Blocks / List all blocks
- Select Shoutbox from the Blocks Administration Recent Listings dropdown menu. Click "Add" button.
In your Edit a block settings:
- Choose Center Block - Center
- Visible: select Yes
- Visible in: Select the link title for the page you just added in the Content module (if named as above it would be "MyChat").
- Select your groups visibility.
- Submit

You should now be able to see your Shoutbox in a dedicated page.

I don't remember if I needed to update via Modules Administration at any point. I don't think I did but if this isn't working for you, you could try that.

If you'd like to add it to your multiMenu instead, in the Content module edit page, set the visibility in the dropdown to No and Yes to Submenu then add the Content Shoutbox URL to your multiMenu.

As I said previously, this is the only way I could get this to work. If someone knows of a better way, please let me know as I'd like to do things the right way whenever possible.

For help setting up the Content Site Menu go here.
[size=x-small]Working sites:
XOOPS 2.0.16 PHP 5.2.2, MySQL 5.0.24a-standard-log, Apache/2.0.54 (Unix)
XOOPS 2.2.4, PHP 4.3.10, MySQL 3.23.58, Apache/1.3.33 (Unix)[/size]

dave_uk
Re: I'll take Shoutbox in Center Block for 100, please Alex!
  • 2006/5/17 22:42

• dave_uk

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/11/27

the easiest way i can see of doing it is to add a blank module and setting the shoutbox to be the cente block on that page if you pm me your email address i can send you the files to upload to your server to have a blank module
Wii Plaza - Wii Fansite community

Cuidiu
Re: I'll take Shoutbox in Center Block for 100, please Alex!
  • 2006/5/18 1:30

• Cuidiu

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2006/4/23

Leave it to me to do things the hard way. I'll PM you. Thanks so much!
Quote:

dave_uk wrote:
the easiest way i can see of doing it is to add a blank module and setting the shoutbox to be the cente block on that page if you pm me your email address i can send you the files to upload to your server to have a blank module
[size=x-small]Working sites:
XOOPS 2.0.16 PHP 5.2.2, MySQL 5.0.24a-standard-log, Apache/2.0.54 (Unix)
XOOPS 2.2.4, PHP 4.3.10, MySQL 3.23.58, Apache/1.3.33 (Unix)[/size]

Login

Who's Online

163 user(s) are online (93 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 163

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits