iHackCode
[Suggestion]: change siteurl bbcode so it opens in the same window.

i think all of the url bb codes and the code that changes text urls to html links all make the link open in new windows.

suggestion: change the siteurl bbcode so it opens in the same window.
why: its a link from your own site and there is not many reasons for it to open in a different window.

and if you want the link to open in a new window just use the url bbcode or something..

file: class/module.textsanitizer.php
$patterns[] = "/[siteurl=(['"]?)([^"'<>]*)\1](.*)[/siteurl]/sU";

$replacements[] = '<a href="'.XOOPS_URL.'/\2" target=[color=FF0000]"_self"[/color]>\3</a>';
CBB / LatestNews / Publisher / XM-Spotlight

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

hyperpod
Re: [Suggestion]: change siteurl bbcode so it opens in the same window.
  • 2006/5/17 1:50

• hyperpod

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/10/4

Actually, most people wanted it to open to a blank window. For example, if there is a long thread in a forum... and has many reference links, by linking to open another window, one can always get back to the thread without hunting it down again, and still check out the links.

Maybe you dont want it for your site, but the majority do want it how its set now.

You can always hack your site, just as you did to do it another way.

Customization is what makes open source so great.

But dont expect your hacks to become part of the core. Although they will if everyone wants it to.

Hope that explains why its set how it is now.

Best regards,

_Dan
Daniel Hall / XOOPS Module Development & Theme Design
Free XOOPS Support > My Wish List

iHackCode

i think everyone knows the of the url tag since it has its own button on the dhtml editor and other editors but i dont think many use/know of the siteurl tag. i am not even sure the users know about it, i think only the webmasters and moderators of the site may know of it. i didnt realize that people would notice a difference and that only the webmasters would know about the change.
CBB / LatestNews / Publisher / XM-Spotlight

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

Shine
  • 2006/5/17 7:13

• Shine

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2002/7/22

Quote:
Actually, most people wanted it to open to a blank window. For example, if there is a long thread in a forum... and has many reference links, by linking to open another window, one can always get back to the thread without hunting it down again, and still check out the links.

Maybe you dont want it for your site, but the majority do want it how its set now.

You can always hack your site, just as you did to do it another way.

Customization is what makes open source so great.

But dont expect your hacks to become part of the core. Although they will if everyone wants it to.

I don't understand why the target of [siteurl] isn't self. And i cannot imagine most ppl wanted the this to be blank.
For opening the window as target blank there is already the BBcode: url. So ppl can use this code for it. Also for internal website-linkreferences which they want to be open up as a new window.
Please explain: Why are there 2 different BBcodes [url] and [siteurl] but without any actually differences between them?

For years I am changing the target within the specific phpfile for [siteurl] into self. I'd say the statement for [siteurl] speaks for itself.....creating an internal link which you want to be openend as self. In all other cases there is the possibility for use of the BBcode: url.
So,...please change the target for [siteurl] into self as a core change to make a difference between them.

Login

Who's Online

204 user(s) are online (126 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 204

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits