kyyadven
Can you Clone the Main Menu?
  • 2006/5/11 16:33

• kyyadven

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/4/27

G'day

I am building a website where I will have two different groups of people visiting the website and would like two separate menu items. This is what I would like to have:

One sent of menu items on the left hand side block and a different set of menu items on the right hand side block. Is this possible? Everything falls under the 'main menu" but I would like to have two main menus.

I would like to change the title 'main menu' on both menu blocks to that users can know which menu item relates to them...

If this is possible, how would you select the modules to appear in each menu set?

I have tried uploading a menu item module but that didn't seem to function in the way I would like the website to work.

If anyone could help, it would be appreciated!

iHackCode
Re: Can you Clone the Main Menu?

CBB / LatestNews / Publisher / XM-Spotlight

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

kyyadven
  • 2006/5/11 17:04

• kyyadven

• Just popping in

Yeah I installed multi menu, but I couldn't work out how to use it effectively. Maybe I should read the manual again. I assumed that it was installed as a module and was listed in the main menu. I would like all the modules (links) to appear in two separate menus as soon as a user logs into the site.

Eclipso
  • 2006/5/12 1:08

• Eclipso

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/5/11

I've just started using xoops, but i also had to make another set of menu, one called Navigation.
You can create a custom block and place the code inside it such as...
Home

Forum

Gallery

Links
(this one opens in a new window)

then you position one on the right and the other on the left, the weight values of 0 mean its on top, 1 mean its under 0, 2 under 1 and so on.

You can name the blocks, and the name will appear on your page

after your happy with your block, select auto format and submit.
I am using XOOPS 2.2.4

I tried multimenu but it looked a bit wierd and also didnt work as well and i would have it liked to, plus a little too complicated for just a menu

barryc
  • 2006/5/12 2:33

• barryc

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/3/20

This need is made for Multimenu. Multimenu CAN appear as a module on your site, if you so choose. I use it to provide a site map. However, you can make it invisible. For your need what you need to do is create blocks, where the multimenu1 block would serve one group (renamed, of course) and multimenu2 another, and so on. You can even specify whether each group can see the other group's menu. In other words, whole menu blocks, as well as individual menu items, can be made invisible or visible to selected groups. Of course, that only works once users have logged on, so you need to decide what shows up for anonymous users. This could be minimal, with an indication that users need to log on to use the full menu system, etc.

Bottom line, you need to spend a little time figuring out how to use Multimenu. It is a fantastic module.

Barry
Barry Cooper
Sweet Home, Oregon

kyyadven
  • 2006/5/12 14:49

• kyyadven

• Just popping in

ok.. I have actually spent some time with multimenu and have worked it out. However the new menus I have created are only visible when I am logged in as a webmaster, not as a registered user. I am sure there is a simple setting to change to make visible for all users but I can't seem to find where that is?

Now I need to find how to easily clone a module, as I will need two different news modules for my second menu/user group...

rabideau
  • 2006/5/12 14:52

• rabideau

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/4/25

Set the privs on multimenu so all groups have access that should fix your issues. See: system admin>> groups
Pax vobiscum,
...mark

may the road rise to meet your feet!

http://treemagic.org

Login

Who's Online

497 user(s) are online (75 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 497

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits