wizanda
Help finnishing simple Code for new Bible module!!
  • 2006/5/10 23:35

• wizanda

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/3/21

I thought I would have a scan for better Bible module again..... saw what gestroud had done recently..... and was going to ask...... then relized it still had errors!!!

So I went about making my own.....
wham bamm.... wiz... and... a... 2 hours later!

I slapped phpbible into XOOPS code and it worked!!!

Yeh I was shocked, I love xoops, now I am stuck...

What i need is to define it's MySQL information, as at the moment, yes you can install it in mysql, and it asks you for the information which it then stores in a file.

Now I think you can point at XOOPS to do this can't you??

If so could you lot help me finnish this code, that exsist with in the file, to make it config it self automaticly to XOOPS mainfile instructions.

This would be safer as well, wont it?
As that is already chmod and protected?

So here is the code,
$site_name='Wizanda';
$main_url='http://localhost/wizanda.com/modules/phpbible';
$script_name='index.php';
$db_name='xoops';
$table_prefix='phpbible_';
$host='localhost';
$user='xoops';
$password='';
$page_very_dark='#400000';
$page_dark='#800000';
$page_medium='#c08080';
$page_light='#f0e0e0';
$results_side='right';
$domain='http://localhost/wizanda.com/modules/phpbible/';
$path='/';
?>

That is the whole of the config, so could someone add it so it gets its $user being the XOOPS database and password.
Also that admin is $xoops user, it can be inserted in this and should work I think as the rest of the module seeks its information from here.

As yes I am good at copy and paste, yet don't know where to start, with the rest other then learning from you lot.

So can some please help and finnish these bits in this, so tomorrow i can tell the author and we can have a better functioning bible module for xoops.

Much thanxz in advance

Night everyone

gestroud
Re: Help finnishing simple Code for new Bible module!!
  • 2006/5/10 23:58

• gestroud

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/12/22

I really didn't do anything except change it from the World English version to the King James version and fix some things in the template. Asked a couple of other good designers/devs like rabideau to take a look at it, but there are still template problems.

This module is, God forgive me, hell to work with. Maybe we need to look at the Koran module as a model for re-designing this one.

gestroud

m0nty
  • 2006/5/11 0:01

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

include_once '../../mainfile.php';

$main_url XOOPS_URL.'/modules/phpbible/';
$db_name XOOPS_DB_NAME;
$table_prefix 'phpbible_';
$host XOOPS_DB_HOST;
$user XOOPS_DB_USER;
$password XOOPS_DB_PASS;
$domain $main_url;

dunno about $path being '/' but i s'pose if that's all the script requires then ok..

wouldn't it have been better tho to fix the errors in the proper XOOPS bible module tho, as using this bible script as a module the way you have could cause problems later on and will lack XOOPS functionality and sanitizing etc..

wizanda
  • 2006/5/11 0:05

• wizanda

• Home away from home

ok I need your help then guess what I have install for you, i have been...

1 fixing the quran module loads, still not finnished release it when finnished
2 Can you send me a copy of the kjv files as a zip, I am going to use that as the bottom of a new super bible search and refrence with PHPbible as the serch.
I have it working with colours the works on my home server, just tidying up now!!

http://www.phpbible.org

Yet it has no way of scanning through for bit you like, so I will first release this tomorrow hopefully and if you send me them files in the post via my email, wizanda in england with yahoo,

then I can add them and make us have the best Bible module, which we should have done ages ago, just has taken me longer then expected to get my head around php, still learning, fun though!

wizanda
  • 2006/5/11 0:14

• wizanda

• Home away from home

Also in response have you seen where gestroud just put on one of his sites new releases.
He had 3 people look at ol_bible and no sucess, so yes I tried fixing it and have been trying.
yet i may start again, as some where it gets complicated, the way it has been linked..

Thanks for reminding me, I have done this so simple which you can with xoops, that when update come out it is not problem to replace and upgrade.
I will need to stick in
//hack notices//

also it isn't built with KJV which is counted as standard...I have been insulted no end by people in why I have a world bible with ol_bible.

Sorry, don't mean to sound mad

Just sick of people asking for a KJV, so i thought I would go for the best for xoops...
on second thoughts...
Yeh your right where is that leaking old bukcet, i must fix that hole.

wizanda
  • 2006/5/11 0:24

• wizanda

• Home away from home

Thank you for the help that works!!!

gestroud
  • 2006/5/11 17:55

• gestroud

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/12/22

You can download the King James files here.

wizanda
  • 2006/5/15 12:48

• wizanda

• Home away from home

Shhhh!!!>
[quote]
(Don't tell anyone its finnished and on http://www.wizanda.com)

(It also has the ablitity to make your whole sites CSS change for the a. links....
With admin system to do so internally with added pass protection...
Making it you can have a colour a day, yet keeping the same layout...just changing all links...
like I say shhh!! (its top secret for now)
You must loggin to see it...
still need offical permission, yet been working so hard all week to finnish it haven't had the time to ask formally
Then it willl go on XOOPS dev if possible...
still has one problem if people enter a number on its own with out refrence i.e. 23 instead of matthew 23:1
Works ok for everything else and Tidyed the code up no end....

Still need to tell the owner.... just happy and over the moon at the mo it finnished and installs on all versions of XOOPS tested! )

jamesj333
Re: new Bible module!!
  • 2006/9/16 23:22

• jamesj333

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/9/16

hello I am building a church website and a ministry school web page for my parents home town church, they would absoultly love to us ethis module, but it brings up my index page when it is done searching i am using 2.0.15 is this a problem?

Thnx in advance, any adivce is greatly appreciated!!

James Johnston

wizanda
Re: new Bible module!!
  • 2006/9/17 5:48

• wizanda

• Home away from home

Which version Zbible or Zscriptures...the Zscriptures is more likely to work as they are both off diffrent authors incooperated into Xoops...
Other then that there isn't really much else I can do by my self to help; as though I can scan read code and God helps loads, it doesn't anwser how to fix others work from scratch...
Yet make sure you read all zbible instruction, if that is what you install, as it is installed on the server 1st to work.

Good luck

Login

Who's Online

286 user(s) are online (60 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 286

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits