chevelle
Zen Cart Blocks Not working with xoops
  • 2006/4/16 2:27

• chevelle

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/4/16

I just installed zen cart v1.3 with XOOPS 2. I am having trouble using the zen cart blocks with xoops. When I go to my store the store they show up. Also a user must be logged in to get a link to the store in the main menu. Any help would be great. Also I have to say I am amazed by the support and modules for xoops. Thanks!

Quest
Re: Zen Cart Blocks Not working with xoops
  • 2006/5/4 23:03

• Quest

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/11/19

I am having problems with it too. When I try to Build Blocks Cache my system freezes up and the program stops responding. Also when I try to add blocks from the XOOPS admin/system blocks it will only let me add one. I can choose from a pulldown of choices but can only get one block at a time to show up in the right, center,Cl or Cr, or left blocks of my XOOPS theme.

Any help or ideas where I might find an answer for this problem would be great.

Thanks
Quest

wwwcad
  • 2006/5/6 17:29

• wwwcad

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/8/19

Hi Quest, your system is freezing up because a problem in Internet Explorer with the iframes.

Manage the site with firefox or go directly to the options if you want:

Admin Page:
/modules/shop/admin/

Build Cache Page:
/modules/shop/buildcache.php

You can add all the blocks that you want at the same time, look athttp://dev.imaginacolombia.com, simply adds the "Zen cart XOOPS Blocks" block several times with different options.

CryAngel
  • 2006/5/9 11:20

• CryAngel

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/4/12

Hmm... May be I'm really stupid, but:

1. Build Cache Page:/modules/shop/buildcache.php
Doesn't work. I mean I'm going to blocks administration, edit Zen Cart Blocks, setting Categories.php. After it I'm making /modules/shop/buildcache.php. And - NOTHING.. Only if I choose Shopping Cart in options - it shows. Why it can be?

2. How to install for example 2 or 3 instances of Zen Cart Blocks with different options? I can't understand how I can make copy of block.. ):

Please Explain me somebody! (:

P.s.: Windows, XOOPS 2.0.13.2, Zen Cart 1.3 clean install (looking in FireFox).

Quest
  • 2006/5/9 12:48

• Quest

• Friend of XOOPS

I did as wwwcad suggested below and it worked for me. I can't recall exactly what I did in order but try this.
Go to XOOPS administration/system/blocks and make sure the zen cart block is visible on the page or pages you want it viewed.
Then go to XOOPS administration/system/groups and grant permissions for all your groups for the module access and the block.
Now type into your address bar if you are using IE because of the noted iframe problem with IE that wwwcad pointed out in his post. In the address bar type the direct path to the buildcache.php. (You may have to login to the zen cart admin first-I can't remember!) So try it first.
www.yoursite.com/modules/shop/admin/ and LOGIN.
Once logged in type in the address bar of the zen cart admin page:
www.yoursite.com/modules/shop/buildcache.php and enter.

You should see something happen for you then. Any blocks you have turned on in the zen cart admin will now integrate into your zoops theme.

Good Luck! Let us know how it goes...

Quest

CryAngel
  • 2006/5/11 8:56

• CryAngel

• Just popping in

Quote:

Good Luck! Let us know how it goes...

Quest

It's really strange. I tried to make such before. But after new clean install i make all you write point by point and all works! ((: Great!!! Thanks a lot! ((:

But I have last question: how I can make many instances of this block? If I need for example in left column "Categories" and "Shopping Cart", and in the right "New Products"? Here is only one block...)): Where I have to look?

Quest
  • 2006/5/11 9:01

• Quest

• Friend of XOOPS

Hi Chevelle-

You probably only have group permissions set for Webmaster Group in your XOOPS administration/system/groups. You will have to set permissions for the other groups you wish to have access, both the module access and the blocks access to zen cart. If that isn't it then check to make sure you have zen cart module set to 1 in the XOOPS admin/system/modules.

I am still trying to figure out how to get more than one of the blocks to show up on my top page or pages I choose within xoops. They all integrated with the theme or should I say the theme integrated with the store, but if I want them to show up for example on my start page they do not. Unless I choose one of the many available, then that one will show up. If I go back and select another one, hoping it will show up along with the other one on the start page it does not.

It appears there must be a need to clone the template for each of the blocks you want to show up/use for your XOOPS pages. I will give it a try later and post again.

Quest

Quest
  • 2006/5/11 9:06

• Quest

• Friend of XOOPS

Hi CryAngel-

I was thinking last night that I had forgot to mention the Clean Install. Same thing happened to me. I think that it has to do with Windows (wwwcad) and that when I originally tried to do the blocks buildcache from the XOOPS administration it buggered it up. Glad to hear it working now.

I haven't tried it yet but it may be that we have to clone the template. I am going to try it in a little while. And will let you know.

CryAngel
  • 2006/5/11 13:46

• CryAngel

• Just popping in

hmm.. I have tried through template set, but it doesn't help.. So I edit shop/xoops_version.php and add there one more block description. This works. Now I have who modules: Currencies and Categories. But! I set Currencies block to show in the right column. It works on the all pages exept (((: Surely Zen Cart. ((: I turned off ZenCart's right column, it doesn't help. So when I go to Zen Cart's page, right column suddently disapears.. ):

You can base on my experiments, and (I'm sure) we will make it perfect... (:

Login

Who's Online

184 user(s) are online (147 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 184

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits