joedmiles
Unable to edit forums on my site
  • 2006/5/2 21:04

• joedmiles

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/11/15

I've been unable to edit user persmissions on forums on my site for quite a while now and am hitting a brivk wall without anyone being able to help me out. Basically I'm getting spammers making posts every day on my forum and I'm unable to edit the permissions to stop unregistered users making posts.

Please...please..please...is there anyone out there that can help me?

Joe

Will_H
Re: Unable to edit forums on my site
  • 2006/5/2 21:18

• Will_H

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/10/10

Sure buddy, you are admin right?

You need to let us know XOOPS version and Forum module version.

wizanda
  • 2006/5/2 22:30

• wizanda

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/3/21

ok is that newbb2 and is the site the one on your profile?

Isn't there settings to adjust the permissions in admin of the forum, there normally is?

Will_H
  • 2006/5/2 22:39

• Will_H

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/10/10

yeah, basically you just need to go into your forum permissions, and make anonymous posting a nogo

joedmiles
  • 2006/5/4 9:12

• joedmiles

• Just popping in

Just seen your aswers...yes I'm the Admin for Onlineweddings. Well I'm just the owner of the site really with not much of a clue as to what I'm doing on the XOOPS side of things! (as you can tell).

I've tried going into the 'Edit forum' option but I come up with a blank screen every time I try to access the forum editing section. I've been able to do it in the past and make unregsitered users unable to make posts but it's just not working now.

I can make my whole forum unreadable by unregistered users but that's no good as no one can read it at all!

Can anyone tell me the path to finding permissions for the forum? I can't see anything about permissions? I'm going to be away for a month soon and need to sort it out but would prefer not to take my forum offline altogether.

Hope to hear from you soon-my email address is info@onlineweddings.co.uk incase someone can email me direct to help me out.

Cheers,

Joe

joedmiles
  • 2006/5/9 7:03

• joedmiles

• Just popping in

Quote:

Biteronboard wrote:
yeah, basically you just need to go into your forum permissions, and make anonymous posting a nogo

I can't find any settings that give me access to edit the forum permissions on my XOOPS admin section. Anyone got any ideas what I can do bar delete my whole forum and start again?!

jensclas

In your admin section you should be able to see a XOOPS button on the left for forums - click this and it should give you the admin for the module. If you get a blank page you have a problem - so go to admin, preferences and turn on debugs and see what comes up.

In the mean time you should be able to deny access to the mmodule for anonymous users through the groups admin. Hover over the admin icon on the left and select groups. Select 'edit' for the anon users and untick the box related to forum comments...have a look you might find it. While you are in there make sure you as admin have access to everything by editing the admin group. HTH

Login

Who's Online

139 user(s) are online (79 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 139

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits