CouchMonkey
New FPS Gaming site

Hey guys, below is my new XOOPS site. I had used PHPNuke before and absolutely hated it, way to clunky. I searched for a new alternative and XOOPS fit the bill. Check it out, let me know what you think, let me know what I can do better. I am in the process of adding more content and hopefully I will have the subportals up soon.

http://www.leadmonkey.net

Thanks,

CM

Will_H
Re: New FPS Gaming site
  • 2006/5/2 0:10

• Will_H

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/10/10

Looking good so far!

Doing the same thing, different games....

Something that I noticed that will really give your site a face lift, is custom icon packs for your forums.

CouchMonkey

Yeah, working on that now. I have the smilies but since it takes like 3 hours to import 10 of them, it is taking some time . Also I got a buddy creating the graphics for the forum icons.

Good suggestions!

What kind of game are you doing? I am focusing on FPSs mostly. Battlefield series and Ghost recon series. Perhaps some more if I have the time.

Will_H
  • 2006/5/2 5:26

• Will_H

• Friend of XOOPS

http://www.dnagamer.com

As many as I can, but like you said it takes time.

I am an ET TC:E BF2 CS CSS HL HL2 player, so right there I have my core games, I want to do more, Like FEAR GR AA COD QUAKE

I just rethemed this evening you can check it out if you want. I bought this theme from GOXOOPS and the darn thing didnt work at all. So it sat around for 6 months until this evening. If you dont mind paying for themes I highly reccomendhttp://www.goxoops.com for you gaming style themes.

Anyway, I am getting ready to offer up maps and the like, so as you may know I too still have alot of work to do.

CouchMonkey

Nice, do you have people helping you. I find it kind of time consuming to maintain just 3 games .

Tabasco
  • 2006/5/2 13:22

• Tabasco

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/12/26

Nice job on the site CouchMonkey Resized Image

We play Raven Shield mostly and a little CoD2, BFV, Quake4 and FEAR

CouchMonkey

Cool man, nice site btw

Will_H
  • 2006/5/2 14:40

• Will_H

• Friend of XOOPS

Not sure what you would define as helping, I have a couple testers, and some forum moderators. Nobody to really input on content though.

CouchMonkey

Well thats cool though. I have been trying to strike a balance of files to upload. Full patches and stuff take too much space and too long to upload. Maps and mods are cool, pictures, videos, and the like are required. Still, I havent found a good way to batch load any of these things. I have myAlbum, which does have a batch load feature but it will readd the files already in that folder. The downloads modual has no feature like that. I guess it all takes time.

Will_H
  • 2006/5/2 15:38

• Will_H

• Friend of XOOPS

ya that has been a request for a long time now. I would love to see it as well, considering there are about 300 ET Maps alone.

Login

Who's Online

210 user(s) are online (155 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 210

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits