Xman04
Internet Explorer Error
  • 2006/4/29 21:12

• Xman04

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/7/12

Hi,

I often receive an error message on the bottom bar of the Internet Explorer browser window while in the main administration area or in a module administration area. This error message does not occur in Firefox

This is the error message:

Line: 26
Char: 3
Error: Object Required
Code: 0
URL: Gives the url of the current page

I don't receive this error in the actual pages that the users would see, but only in administrative sections. The error does not always occur. Has anyone else experienced this error? Any ideas what is causing it? Is it anything to worry about? Everything seems to function correctly, even with that error message.

Dave

JMorris
Re: Internet Explorer Error
  • 2006/4/29 22:44

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/4/11

Would you mind providing which version of XOOPS you are using and which theme (if applicable)?

Thanks,

James
Insanity can be defined as "doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

Stupidity is not a crime. Therefore, you are free to go.

m0nty
  • 2006/4/29 23:17

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

sounds like a javascript error.. IE is pretty useless in that regard, but if it doesn't actually break functionality it should be ok..

turn off script debugging in your browsers advanced settings, under internet options.. but it could be lots of reasons.. sometimes refreshing the page clears it (sometimes IE doesn't get all the data properly)

Xman04
  • 2006/4/30 4:51

• Xman04

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/7/12

Hi,

The XOOPS version is 2.0.13.2. The specific theme doesn't seem to matter, since it has occurred in different themes.

I cannot consistency cause the error message to appear. It seems to occur more often during some login sessions than others. I'm not sure what initially triggers it, since it seems quite random.

Maybe it is more of an Internet Explorer problem than XOOPS problem, especially since I've not yet noticed it in Firefox. It has been occurring more often since I installed additional modules.

Dave

BDW
  • 2006/8/5 9:17

• BDW

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2002/9/28

i'm getting the same error on all themes. using XOOPS 2.0.14. Its only happening in the XOOPS admin.

Dont think its causing any problems tho, everything seems to be working fine

Login

Who's Online

181 user(s) are online (120 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 181

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits