m0nty
SF CVS is it me or is it just screwed up
  • 2006/4/29 1:43

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

i've just tried viewing the CVS for smartdownload module to try and view some diffs between file versions.

but it's 4 weeks out of date on all the file versions..

the cvs system itself works fine when i commit and update.. but when i goto dev.xoops or sourceforge.net and browse the cvs so that i can see a diff between versions of files submitted then it's not showing any changes made within the last 4 weeks..

i mean 'main branch' it says xoops_version.php is v1.10 change made 4 weeks ago.

now i know for a fact that the latest xoops_version.php version is 1.18, so that's 8 versions.. why isn't cvs updating. it's making it extremely difficult to view diffs between versions of files in order to trace a few things.

i dunno if it's just smartdownload thats having this issue or whether the whole cvs is the same..

m0nty
Re: SF CVS is it me or is it just screwed up
  • 2006/4/29 9:30

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

bumpity bump.

Bender
  • 2006/4/29 9:41

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

We are still affected by the cvs outage that started end of march.

Latest updates:

( 2006-04-20 12:23:42 - Project CVS Service ) On 2006-04-20 at 1:00 Pacific, the developer CVS server will be down for maintenance for a period not expected to exceed 4 hours.

( 2006-04-14 11:18:04 - Project CVS Service ) As of 2006-04-14 we have an estimate on when the replacement CVS hardware for the new infrastructure will arrive. As soon as we get in into our hands, we'll actively work on it, with a goal of having it online by the end of the month of April. This is a best guess, and may not get hit due to the aggressive timeline we have placed on this project. However, be assured that recovery of this service in full is our highest priority. The sync process between developer and anonymous CVS (ViewCVS, etc.) is disabled now until the new infrastructure is in place, to ensure we have maximum coverage for the small number of data corruption issues that have been detected. We understand this is sub-optimal, but strongly believe that the protection of the data is paramount.

The link to the status page is the green dotr at the upper right on sf.net (took me a while to find it again.

https://sourceforge.net/docs/A04/
Sorry, this signature is experiencing technical difficulties. We will return you to the sheduled signature as soon as possible ...

rowdie
  • 2006/4/29 9:49

• rowdie

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/7/21

This is not good... I was using what I thought was the latest version from CVS for the docs site, but I see now that it's the older version you were talking about Monty.

Is there another way for me to get the latest version? Can someone from the team maybe contact me about this please? Or let me know who I should contact...

Thanks,
Rowd

Bender
  • 2006/4/29 10:05

• Bender

• Home away from home

Sent you messenger details and will send you a mail with an up to date cvs snapshot which should be released as 3.10 rc2 very soon. (just some final testing today i hope)
Sorry, this signature is experiencing technical difficulties. We will return you to the sheduled signature as soon as possible ...

m0nty
  • 2006/4/29 10:08

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

ahh beat me to it B..

i guess u had ya weetabix this mornin..

cheers for the info aswell, i thought i was goin crazy.. lol

rowdie
  • 2006/4/29 10:20

• rowdie

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/7/21

That was quick - I've received the files, thankyou both

Rowd

frankblack
  • 2006/4/29 10:39

• frankblack

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2005/6/13

There seem to be more problems with CVS. Yesterday sourceforge.net had some hickups and I thought my update of Eclipse was to blame.

Why can't I see tinyeditor when I browse the CVS-repository? I can commit, checkout whatever with Eclipse or tortoise. A problem related to the xoopsforge module on dev.xoops.org?

Bender
  • 2006/4/29 11:23

• Bender

• Home away from home

I would guess this option is not enabled for tinyeditor:

Quote:
Enable CVS? The following box should be checked to enable CVS:

Availability of CVS data will not be affected by this setting. If you have data in your project CVS repository and this service is disabled, CVS operations may still be performed; however, the "CVS" menu option on your project page will not be displayed.

Since xoopsforge is using after all the settings stored on sf.net it would have to be changed there. However i have never used xoopsforge. (from an admin point of view)

Sent you a pm with an idea who to contact about it.
(as pm since i am not 100% sure)

Was cvs browsing ever possible for this module?

Login

Who's Online

224 user(s) are online (141 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 224

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits