Cuidiu
Event Guide
  • 2006/4/26 0:58

• Cuidiu

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2006/4/23

Continued from Events Guide repository comments.
Quote:
From nobu: Your problem seemed to lost config and templates. Will you do module update in XOOPS module administration? In general, module need to update after updated.

I updated and get same errors as mentioned in previous post when I try to add a category. It will add the category but when the page is refreshed, it goes blank (no menu, etc.) with these errors:

Warning: Unexpected character in input: '' (ASCII=15) state=1 in /usr/cgi-system/php.cgi on line 1240
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /usr/cgi-system/php.cgi on line 1240

Here are the debug errors - many notices and two warnings:
[size=x-small]Notice [PHP]: Only variables should be assigned by reference in file class/template.php line 260
Notice [PHP]: Only variables should be assigned by reference in file kernel/module.php line 629
Notice [PHP]: Only variables should be assigned by reference in file kernel/module.php line 662
Warning [Xoops]: Smarty error: unable to read resource: "db:eguide_item.html" in file class/smarty/Smarty.class.php line 1084
[/size]
More notices (snipped)...
[size=x-small]Warning [Xoops]: Smarty error: unable to read resource: "db:eguide_item.html" in file class/smarty/Smarty.class.php line 1084[/size]
More notices (snipped)...

Also, there is a category listed that has nothing in it and cannot be deleted (but can be edited). Is that right? Perhaps I should uninstall everything and start again? This is the second event module I've uploaded. First was the one I found in the repository when I first got the error messages. Then I uploaded the new files from your more recent eguide-2.0b2c.tar.gz. I am using XOOPS v 2.2.4. This looks like it could be great module for us.

If you think I should start over again, how would I uninstall your module before uploading again? The last time, I deactivated and then renamed the folder but the Admin still showed it as there in the panel (deactivated).

Thanks!
[size=x-small]Working sites:
XOOPS 2.0.16 PHP 5.2.2, MySQL 5.0.24a-standard-log, Apache/2.0.54 (Unix)
XOOPS 2.2.4, PHP 4.3.10, MySQL 3.23.58, Apache/1.3.33 (Unix)[/size]

nobu
Re: Event Guide
  • 2006/4/26 11:02

• nobu

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/7/9 2

Quote:

Cuidiu wrote:
Warning: Unexpected character in input: '' (ASCII=15) state=1 in /usr/cgi-system/php.cgi on line 1240
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /usr/cgi-system/php.cgi on line 1240

This one is curious error. Where come from "/usr/cgi-system/php.cgi"? It not include eguide and XOOPS core.

Quote:
Also, there is a category listed that has nothing in it and cannot be deleted (but can be edited).

It is right. Category not delete when there is event exists in that category. If you want to remove category, you need remove or move out all events.

I also checking this module on XOOPS-2.2.3a, right now. No problem eguide module working.

Cuidiu
  • 2006/4/26 12:02

• Cuidiu

• Quite a regular

Quote:
This one is curious error. Where come from "/usr/cgi-system/php.cgi"? It not include eguide and XOOPS core.

It comes after adding or deleting a category - when the page refreshes - that's what appears. It is from the server. Something isn't right.

Quote:
It is right. Category not delete when there is event exists in that category. If you want to remove category, you need remove or move out all events.

I deleted all events, then I deleted all categories. After the database updated and screen refreshed, the same errors appeared.

I again added a new category and still got the same error. It is adding and deleting categories fine but still getting the error messages. If I do add an event there is now no place to select a category to add it to. When I view an event as a registered user, it shows "[Empty]" over on the far right where "category" would be and there's no way to assign it a category in the admin.

I will uninstall and start again.

Btw, I am using version XOOPS 2.2.4.

Thanks again.

nobu
  • 2006/4/27 14:43

• nobu

• Just popping in

Quote:

Cuidiu wrote:
Quote:

It comes after adding or deleting a category - when the page refreshes - that's what appears. It is from the server. Something isn't right.

I think that problem independ eguide module.

I tested on pure installed XOOPS 2.2.4 too, there is not seem that problem. And never found/known "/usr/cgi-system/php.cgi" file. Who insertion that?

May be someone manipulate themes or PHP custom block (or modify installed files?). Your problem comes from outside eguide module, I think.

Cuidiu
  • 2006/4/27 15:24

• Cuidiu

• Quite a regular

Thanks for the reply, nobu. I will be moving the CMS to another server. It is on my testing site so yes, there could be a problem. Who knows!

I have another question. Is there any way to add more fields to the reservation sign up (so far there is name, email, I'd like to see a few more fields)?

Thanks again!

nobu
  • 2006/4/27 17:39

• nobu

• Just popping in

You can add any fields, see detail in document "Additional field Formats"

Cuidiu
  • 2006/4/27 18:32

• Cuidiu

• Quite a regular

Quote:
You can add any fields, see detail in document "Additional field Formats"

Oh thanks! I've been uploading so many modules, etc., I forget which ones have more info than others, which ones I have read documents and which not. So much to do, so little time...

kerux
  • 2006/5/14 8:43

• kerux

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/4/24

Is there anyway with this module to make the calendar viewable by the public and not just registered users?

kerux
  • 2006/5/14 9:08

• kerux

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/4/24

I fixed this with the help of nobu, Thank You nobu for your help.

Cuidiu
  • 2006/5/22 3:04

• Cuidiu

• Quite a regular

Just in case someone else has this error - in my case it is host specific. One of the sites I'm using to test XOOPS on is hosted by Dreamhost and this error pops up frequently in the Event Guide and one other areas (so far). If anyone else has this problem, you might be able to solve it by doing a search on Dreamhost (or your host's forum/wiki) for the first part of the string. Here are a few:
- DH Forum search result 1
- DH Forum search result 2
- DH Forum search result 3

Fortunately, I'm using XOOPS on a site hosted by a different company. I installed a test site there today and it works just fine - none of these errors. I assume from the posts above it has to do with how the form and/or code is accessing the php binary directly or something to that effect. So if you have this problem, maybe those posts will help.

Edited to add: Actually it is due to running PHP as PHP-CGI as explained HERE.
So it could be the reason why I had some mod_rewrite issues as well.
Quote:
nobu wrote:
[quote]Cuidiu wrote:

Login

Who's Online

203 user(s) are online (142 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 203

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits