jensclas
Re: Come visit... but you have to pay council tax!

You better move to Australia...no TV Tax, not tax for visitors...they've finally removed taxes from our bank deposits and withdrawals...But according to the finanial experts we pay one of the worlds highest personal income tax rates - and almost evertyhting has a 10% GST...I guess all those taxes 'opaque' for you guys are hidden for us

m0nty
  • 2006/4/25 20:46

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

good idea

sun, sea, sand..

come on guys, Jen's invited us all go live with her

oh heck.. hmmm forgot about the poisonous spiders, venemous snakes, aligators, crocodiles, sharks and deadly jellyfish.. hmmmm tempting but..

jensclas

Quote:
oh heck.. hmmm forgot about the poisonous spiders, venemous snakes, aligators, crocodiles, sharks and deadly jellyfish.. hmmmm tempting but..

and the flies and cane toads ROFLOL!

ps No aligators here save what's in the zoo...just the fresh and salt water crocks...

m0nty
  • 2006/4/25 21:54

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

hahaha

cane toads? are they the toads where u can get the oil off their skin and use it as an hallucinogen?

kaotik
  • 2006/4/25 21:58

• kaotik

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/2/19

www.kaotik.biz

m0nty
  • 2006/4/25 22:05

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

downloading now.. cheers K :)

lol the facts are funny on how to kill them..

i particularly like no.6 stuff them full of firecrackers and blow em to smithereens..

jensclas

Oh dear...100% tax free fun - get out there with your cricket bat, or golf club and go for your life.. ..Yukko! I don't live near them but apparently they do all sorts of things and encourage the kids to get batting practice . It makes me cringe. Some of the things they do is really sick.. (as in yuk for me not cool as it is for the kids!) It's even made the news headlines at times...(reporters have nothing better to work on???...I guess tht's what we get for having tax free tv!

m0nty
  • 2006/4/25 22:34

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

now i know why we finally won the ashes :P your cricketers ain't used to hitting solid objects with their bats anymore.. lmao

Bassman
  • 2006/4/25 22:42

• Bassman

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/5/23

Quote:

m0nty wrote:
now i know why we finally won the ashes :P

Let's not go there LOL

brash
  • 2006/4/25 22:55

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/10

Quote:

m0nty wrote:
yes in the uk, we have to pay a license fee to watch any tv. this fee goes to the bbc. regardless of whether or not you watch bbc or even if you only have subscription tv. if you have the capability to receive tv broadcasts originating in the uk, then you *must* buy a license whether you watch them or not.

it suxx big time and it costs around £110 a year.

if you're caught watching tv without a license you can be fined upto £1000 or even sent to prison in extreme circumstances, and they can confiscate your equipment.

£110 a year!! Hell, I'd be upset too. As Jenclas said, we don't have specific taxes like this in Australia, but do have one of the higher income tax levels. I think we pay about 8 cents a day each ($29.20AUD / £12.17 a year)for our ABC (Aussie eqiv of BBC) which I don't mind paying as I hate commercial TV, but £110 a year is about $264AUD (over 72 cents a day) and I might have a thing or two to say about that.
IT Headquarters
Innovative IT Solutions

Login

Who's Online

206 user(s) are online (109 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 206

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits