rabideau
Re: looking for graphicians, help, partnership, cooperation
  • 2006/4/20 23:34

• rabideau

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/4/25

I already volunteered to an underwhelming response.

I can't pretend to do gamer themes or graphics but I'm pretty good with religious (Christian) and business stuff... just ask me.
Pax vobiscum,
...mark

may the road rise to meet your feet!

http://treemagic.org

JMorris
  • 2006/4/20 23:42

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/4/11

Excellent! Sorry for the underwhelming response.

Unless I misunderstood, I believe the intent is to produce more visually pleasing themes in general. Some may be gamer themes, some may be religious, etc, etc.

Personally, I would like to work with a wide variety.

rabideau,

Would you mind putting together some layouts in either PNG or PSD format?

Best Regards,

James
Insanity can be defined as "doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

Stupidity is not a crime. Therefore, you are free to go.

phppp
  • 2006/4/20 23:43

• phppp

• XOOPS Contributor

• Since: 2004/1/25

I have always been looking for designers for our modules.
I wish you or your team can help us with module templates.

Will_H
  • 2006/4/21 12:43

• Will_H

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/10/10

ya I agree with phppp. The stylizing should definitely go farther than just the themes.

studioC
  • 2006/4/21 12:46

• studioC

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/12/7

just a short information,

thanks for your feedback so far, we will need your help and any ideas or artists or how to get in contact with them are welcome.

We will merge this thread into another area to get heads together and get started

we'll keep you informed.

When you are an artist, we NEED YOU (and your ideas and screens, logo, header, mascotts to make XOOPS themes with more visual effects). We can deal with psd and png(fireworks) and some other. You can contact us via pm until further news are published.

Thanks again so far

Michael

studioC
  • 2006/4/21 12:52

• studioC

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/12/7

@phppp

you are correct, this is another topic I had on my list on the very top, but i will be happy if this (themes) will work and then we can see how far we can come in future.

as far as i have understood the new version, there will be no more direct modultemplates, at least not in the database. Perhaps we can think and speak about a possible handler to merge the modul-output much easier into themes or get a basic structure but i think skalpa has a solution for this?

thanks for the comment my friend
Michael

Will_H
  • 2006/4/21 13:20

• Will_H

• Friend of XOOPS

I would be happy to help in anyway that I can... When it comes to GA I am still learning on a daily basis but just as an example of how far I have come....

Resized Image

rabideau
  • 2006/4/21 14:34

• rabideau

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/4/25

By way of a general question...

Has anyone spoken with the owner/developer of xoopsdesign.com? Is this effort viewed as a community driven competitor to the xoopsdesign.com site? I'm okay with that, it's just a question...
Pax vobiscum,
...mark

may the road rise to meet your feet!

http://treemagic.org

JMorris
  • 2006/4/21 15:22

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/4/11

I don't believe the intent is to be a competitor as many of us are paid designers. In fact, it is one of the core elements of my business.

I believe the intent is to produce free designs for XOOPS that raise the bar for quality and asthetic appeal.

In doing so, we not only increase the appeal of XOOPS, thereby bringing in new blood, but we also increase the potential for custom design work for all theme designers.

I'm sure the intentions of all involved are altruistic, but there are benefits for everyone.

If anything, I think it would be a good idea to contact XOOPS Design and see if they would be willing to collaborate.

Best Regards,

James
Insanity can be defined as "doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

Stupidity is not a crime. Therefore, you are free to go.

Will_H
  • 2006/4/21 15:23

• Will_H

• Friend of XOOPS

I think that this is a great idea, as well as the guys/girls over at goxoops.com

I think the idea is to release numerous, high quality themes to the public... not heres something, but oh man look how much better my poad stuff is.

I want to get involved in some projects that offer the community more options without taking their money. No ofense to the designers your high quality work deserves to be bought, its just that it doesnt do anything for the opensourcers.... Personally i frequent goxoops, and am about to bite at xoopsdesign.

Login

Who's Online

195 user(s) are online (118 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 195

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits