studioC
looking for graphicians, help, partnership, cooperation
  • 2006/4/19 8:36

• studioC

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/12/7

4 weeks ago i wrote an article on my site looking for a graphician ...

Quote:
I’m looking for commercial artists, Graphicians who are willing to help me, making free XOOPS themes for the XOOPS community! I would like to give my themes more visual appearance. I’m more a theme dabbler, a xhtmller, a person who is thinking, dreaming and writing clean xhtml source. Would YOU like to see your ideas in a valid xhtml source using CSS only for positioning things?

I’m familiar with fireworks, i can arrange thinks i need, but i’m feeling that there is sometimes missing the visual effect.

Are you a professional artist who’s life is to play and work with gimp, photoshop or fireworks? Would YOU like to see your graphics within XOOPS themes? Send me your ideas, screenshot which i can use. Your name and a link to your Website will be part of the notices, source and footer, description, etc.

SO where are YOU?

LINK TO ARTICLE

I'm not sure if i wrote that text in correct english. I'm looking for some talented firworks or photoshop designers who are able and willing to make screenshots with fireworks or photoshop (or any other), ideas a website shold look like, which then, will be [animated ] ported by us to run in xoops.

They do not need to have that much html skills but knowledge, what is possible and what not. Me and some other themedabbler will put the xhtml, css and smarty into this screendesign, to make it run within xoops. I don't want to take those free available design templates but unique ones.

Can someone give me tipps where to find people with such skills and who are willing to do this (for free but a backling and info in readme)? The themes and the graphics should be open source, they will be available for free, but a link from the graphics and theme creator will be in the source and readme.

I'm not the best screen designer but i'm able to make many things possible and run within xhtml and xoops.

this should be a project to make more great visual layouts to XOOPS and make it more attractive to more people. All themes will be valid x[html] transitional [or strict dependend on the functions] and valid CSS.

If you know a good graphics designer, tell him about that, please. If you have ideas to promote this idea, let me know. If you feel that my language is poor and that nobody will understand my request, let me know. If you have any other ideas to make themes for XOOPS and the visual appearance of XOOPS more attractive, let me know.

Michael

Jharis
Re: looking for graphicians, help, partnership, cooperation
  • 2006/4/19 9:26

• Jharis

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2005/2/13

Michael,

You might ask on the forums @ www.clantemplates.com. I'm not sure if any of those guys will work for free, but you'll find a lot of talented theme designers and plenty of people that can make nice graphics. Anyway its worth looking at.

don (el paso)
motto - green chili for everything!

Bassman
  • 2006/4/19 9:27

• Bassman

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/5/23

*sigh* I am in the same boat......... i would like some fantastic concepts that I could port to XOOPS :)

studioC
  • 2006/4/19 9:40

• studioC

• Friend of XOOPS

can we motivate those with (PR) backlinks, articles?

Their credits will be in the themes.

Any other ideas? Hey bassman, perhaps we can make this together, perhaps we have more "power" together?

Michael

JMorris
  • 2006/4/19 11:48

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/4/11

Looks like there are three of us in the same boat. I too have problems with graphics design, but want to produce more "eye candy" themes.

Insanity can be defined as "doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

Stupidity is not a crime. Therefore, you are free to go.

Bassman
  • 2006/4/19 12:03

• Bassman

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/5/23

I'm open to any suggestions Michael (&James!)

rabideau
  • 2006/4/19 12:12

• rabideau

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/4/25

Huhu Michael (studioc) et al,

I am not a graphics designer, but I do graphics. I have no idea if people like the graphics I do but I am more than willing to contribute my meager talents to your efforts.

If people need to look at my work, my site list may be found at:

http://www.eirenicon.org/modules/icontent/index.php?page=50

Let me know if you think I might be able to help.
Pax vobiscum,
...mark

may the road rise to meet your feet!

http://treemagic.org

incama
  • 2006/4/19 13:07

• incama

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/10/24

You know you always can count on me;)
Webdesign
Sitting Ducks?!
I hate politics, give me a stylie instead...

studioC
  • 2006/4/19 13:30

• studioC

• Friend of XOOPS

yes Dave, i knew that i could count on YOU and nice to know that there are others with same thoughts. There must be some addicted graphicians like we are addicted with XOOPS or themedabbling.

And there must be some artist who produce eg. psd screens like they sell on templatemonster as example. I do like more clean and simple layouts, but thats my personal and here are sure many people who like the way clanpages look like. And therefore we are more than just me, we can share things, fine!

So lets find them (the artists), perhaps both sites can learn a bit from others. Lets write a text (in propper understandable english though) an announcement and publish it on some sites graphicians, artists are used to visit as addicted

michael

i don't think we want to copy existing things but getting fresh and new ideas for layouts Lets work with them together and get new inspiration

pemen
  • 2006/4/19 15:09

• pemen

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2002/7/8 7

Hi,

I can't help you because I'm not a designer. But I understand very well your problem because I'm searching also such talents : it's very difficult to find !!

XOOPS really needs good designer to work with theme producers and developpers.

Courage !!
Identity management, LDAP, Workflow and more
XoopsPro

Login

Who's Online

159 user(s) are online (94 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 159

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits