Tobias
My new design
  • 2006/4/13 16:31

• Tobias

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/9/13

If anyone finds a few minutes to review my site with new theme in the making and give me a few suggestions, I'd appreciate that very much.

www.affvu.org

It's in Spanish, and if you go to "Comunidad --> Galeria de imagenes", you should be able to see that I've tried to produce a similar layout for both XOOPS and a bridged but independent Coppermine Gallery. It's also kept in css theme-wise, with both 2 and 3 columns alternating in different parts of the site.

I'd be particularly, but not only, interested in:

- Suggestions for technical improvement (things that possibly break in different browsers, namely Win 98 and IE 5; I cannot find anyone with such a machine)

- Suggestions for breaking up the so far rather monochromatic color scheme (blue) in a nice and elegant way

- Whatever a graphic designer has to say on it. I'm a bit at a loss when it comes to that.

Cheers
www.affvu.org

jensclas
Re: My new design

I love folkloric Dancing! Exploring in IE 5 for you

I think you have technical problems with the menu on the left hand side. I clicked 'corporales' and when I clicke it is opens upens up a random other submenu - if however I hover it will open up. After a while it became more accurate most the time - not sure what was going on there.

You could easily have a complete XOOPS module for your gallery - xcgallery rather than link to coppermine if you wanted - would integrate with your theme better. Bit of work in moving all those photos???

I am no help with cloning or changing your theme templates but it would be good to see a lot more colour to match the colourful costumes.images throughout the site...If you are goinf to keep the coppermine link then you could maybe find out what 'yellow' it is and have all your 'pale grey' areas a nice yellow. Having said that i would't get too colourful either - let the photos speake colour to the site.

Cheers

Tobias
Re: My new design
  • 2006/4/13 21:00

• Tobias

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/9/13

Hey, cool, thanks! The left hand menu thing is strange. It's a flash menu, so if it doesn't work properly, it's about flash... I guess you'll have to live with the possibility it's not working properly on some machines... But then, it gives me the opportunity to accomodate a lot of different menu items in a small space.

If there's just nothing happening if you hit the dark blue names (like "Caporales"), that's normal. They're categories/dances, and the submenues contain the groups which perform those dances. At some point, the dances themselves might also get links. Should be easily understood by people who know a little more about the situation. It's a community site first and foremost.

The gallery: I actually had it in myalbum originally, which was fine, but not quite as elaborate as Coppermine. Some mainly visual things which really put me off, also in terms of organizing categories and subcategories. There're some functions I really like in cpg, and also with that other quite vibrant community which is almost as good as here at Xoops. So I guess I'll stick with Coppermine. Although, of course, integration, particularly of searches, is not quite as good.

You say you've been looking at it with IE5? Do the columns display in the right order, from left to right? Or is it all messed up? In theory, it should work, but you can never know.

Thanks again!
www.affvu.org

Login

Who's Online

182 user(s) are online (101 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 182

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits