sumyog
Pls help with Colour legend, Birthdays, Mod Group, and much more
  • 2006/4/7 11:45

• sumyog

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/2/15

Hi,

Well I tried to search a lot but coudn't find any info for the same and hence i m puttin in this post.

1. First of all can I put a legend for all the groups below my forums. I m usinb cbb.

2. Is it possible to add a field like birthday and sex in the user registration form nd if yes then is there any module which can display usernames with the Birthday.

3. I want to put a group as a moderator in some categories in the forums but I have to do it one by one so is it possible to apply permission to whole group in one go.

4. I as a Admin cant change avatars for my users so how can I do that and how can I restrict some of the avatars which are kept for Staff. Also(How can my members uplaod avatars).

5. Where can I show information about group(I mean group details)

6. Is there any staff module present

7. I m pretty confused at setting my zone. It never comes out proper.I have set both the zones corectly but time is very different than what it shud be.

Well I know this is long and maybe some are very dumb questions

Please help as I m pretty confused with all that

btw I m using XOOPS 2.2.4

Lourdes
Re: Pls help with Colour legend, Birthdays, Mod Group, and much more
  • 2006/4/7 13:46

• Lourdes

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/2/26

I can only help with a few of these, so bear with me.

1) Can you specify what kind of legend? What exactly did you want to display?

2)It's possible to use a calendar module available for download in the module repository, to display birthdays. Other than this, you may want to browse through the repository or make a request in the Module Request forum.

7) When you set your timezone, the timezone preference in your General Settings needs to be set to the timezone where your server is located. If this is correct, once you edit the timezone preference in your Profile, the times should be correct for your account.

Hope some of this helps.

jensclas

Quote:
I want to put a group as a moderator in some categories in the forums but I have to do it one by one so is it possible to apply permission to whole group in one go.

Hi there
HTH
In some modules you need to 'hold the ?key' to make multiple selections - not sure if this is the shift or the alt key but it is one of them. So...while it doens't help with grabbing a whole group it does let you do more than one name at once. It might work.

Quote:
I as a Admin cant change avatars for my users so how can I do that and how can I restrict some of the avatars which are kept for Staff. Also(How can my members uplaod avatars).

I haven't worked with avaters myself but there has been a recent module on avatars and lots of posts so do a search and you should easily find some answers.

Quote:
Where can I show information about group(I mean group details)

You could create a custom block with the info and have it come up on an 'about us' page or and article that links to the appropriate forum - there are lots of ways - it is a matter of deciding what is appropriate.

Quote:
Well I know this is long and maybe some are very dumb questions

No Dumb questions No such thing...just people needing support and encouragement. Check the help docs thread if you haven;t already done so.

Cheers

sumyog
  • 2006/4/8 12:04

• sumyog

• Just popping in

Thanks for the reply guys but still my problems exist.

1) As U asked lourdes The legend I wanna keep is like it is in nuke. I mean Admin Co-admin and all are written below and wen somebody clicks on ne of it then it provides info bout the group and the members in it.

Well I have thought to put a seprate(custom) page for legend, staff nd group details as jensclas suggested so 3 are solved but now a new prolem or say request is there

can any body tell me how can i change colours for different groups.

2. Lourdes mentioned that i can use a calender for displaying birthday but i cudnt find ne in the module repository with the functionality of integrating birthday feild in user reg form.

3. Well i have found that wat was the problem with avatar uploading but cudnt figure out how can i chage avatars for the users.

4. I m setting correct timezones in the admin panel.(i cross checked).

5. Is it possible that I provide admin powers to a group or user for just 1 or 2 forums and not for all.

6. I recentl discovered that polls are not working in my forums. do i have to install any seprate module for it.

Please reply soon. I'll be looking for it.

jensclas

HI again

I wonder - and perhaps moderators will correct me if I am wrong - that it would be better for you to ask specific questions in appropriate forums as the range of input you need will come from a wide variety of us.

For example: the colour code question could probably be dealt with in a number of ways and could be posted as it's own topic in Q and A on the forum.

Ask for 'recomended birthday' modules in the module request forum

I don't know that you can or have the right to change ausers avatar..???

Timezone problem - installation trouble shooting question

Polls question - module trouble shooting

Assigning moderators in forums: Quote:
Is it possible that I provide admin powers to a group or user for just 1 or 2 forums and not for all.

I am fairly certain that you should be able to click on 'edit' in each of the forums in your forum admin and select the person or people who have the power to administer it. Go to your admin, click on the module, click on 'forums' tab, click 'edit' on a forum, and select the name of moderators in 'edit moderators' in the manner i previously described. Make sure you click on an actual forum and not a forum category.

What i thought you were asking before was about a whole group...and I don't think you can do that. You will need to select specific users as stated in the previous post.

HTH

sumyog
  • 2006/4/8 18:39

• sumyog

• Just popping in

Hi there,

Thanx for the prompt reply.

i think Your suggestion is quite appropriate and I'll post all the different questions in different forums now.

Well thanx a lot for the inputs.

BTW for the forums I meant to provide to a group only then I undestoodits only possible one by one so I asked IF its possible to give full admin powers to a user like creating sub forums as well.

Thanx once again

Login

Who's Online

161 user(s) are online (116 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 161

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits