peterr
xcGallery 2.0.2 and XOOPS 2.0.13.2 ?
  • 2006/4/5 6:03

• peterr

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/8/5 9

There is a problem with xcGallery 1RC1, to do with the scandir() function, it can only be used with php5, however, I see that version 2.0.2 has addressed this problem, by defining a seperate function (xcscandir) to cater for php 4.x

Can xcGallery 2.0.2 be used with XOOPS 2.0.13.2 ?
NO to the Microsoft Office format as an ISO standard.
Sign the petition

adrock
Re: xcGallery 2.0.2 and XOOPS 2.0.13.2 ?
  • 2006/4/5 7:27

• adrock

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/12/7

Yeppers...works with 2.0.13.2
(fyi: I have a 1RC1 version running on a server with PHP 4.5 something something on it, and it works just fine)

Best gallery module, but unfortunately, it isn't supported any more

Most of the fixes/work arounds for various hosting platform issues etc have been posted though.

Right now, I'm trying to figure out what changed between 1RC1 and 2.0.2 that wasn't documented.

Some of the functionality has been lost. My current issue is that the descriptions and picture titles do not show under any of the thumbnails even though all of the block and the main prefs have been told to do so.

The descriptions/captions are still defined in the language files, and the {$pic.caption} tag is defined, and used with success in the intermediate display view, but does not return a result in any of the other files in which it has been included...hence no captions below the thumbnails....

Anybody got any ideas?

Was also wondering if anyone else has figured out a way to have the individual user albums display as subcategories of the 'User Galleries' main category. The site that I am installing and using this with is primarily for user image submission, so it would be nice to be able to better display the user albums on the index page of the module.

Thanks in advance for any help!
Affordable Web Hosting - Family - Fun!...and not always in that order!

peterr
  • 2006/4/5 7:41

• peterr

• Just can't stay away

Quote:

adrock wrote:
Yeppers...works with 2.0.13.2
(fyi: I have a 1RC1 version running on a server with PHP 4.5 something something on it, and it works just fine)

Best gallery module, but unfortunately, it isn't supported any more

Sorry, I should have mentioned the exact problem, it is just that the batch upload won't work for 1RC1, it's a php thing. Hmm, didn't know xcGallery isn't supported anymore, hopefully it can be the 'new' xoopsgallery in 2.3

Quote:

adrock wrote:
Right now, I'm trying to figure out what changed between 1RC1 and 2.0.2 that wasn't documented.

If this is the correct link for 1RC1, then I can do a compare on the 2 versions, and send a differences report. However, it would be all code, and no documentation as such, at least not the type you need.

Thanks,

P
Sign the petition

adrock
  • 2006/4/5 8:03

• adrock

• Quite a regular

Quote:
If this is the correct link for 1RC1, then I can do a compare on the 2 versions, and send a differences report. However, it would be all code, and no documentation as such, at least not the type you need.

thats the right link....
...I sort of expect it to be code of some sort. I do not know enough PHP to identify it on my own, hence the need for the 'working' version. I could then review the code to see if something was inadvertantly left out, or if there is a 'broken' language define with regard to the used functions (this is where I think the problem is)

For instance the scripts seem to jump back and forth between using {$pic.caption} and {$pic.description}...yet in all of the forms, I am unable to see any of the text areas or text input elements labeled as 'description'...only as 'caption'.

That part that is most puzzling is that the smarty tag works on some pages, but does not on others....so, and correct me if I'm wrong, it seems as though there is some function being defined to handle that information in some pages, but not others, or the blocks.

ie:
working HERE

not working HERE

You may also note that in the block at the top of the page, it displays the date of the submission and the user that submitted it, but not the picture title or the caption/description....and on the scrolling block, it shows none of that....also doesn't show in the static thuumbs block.

using meta thumbs block for random pics, and using static tumbs block for the newest photos...

Thanks!

mcleines
  • 2006/4/5 8:07

• mcleines

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/10/7

Quote:

adrock wrote:
it isn't supported any more

This is good to know ...

Changelog is included in the module package:

Changelog

#####################################################################
v2.0.2
- Watermarking feature for jpg pictures (RedEye and stuie200, Mcleines)
- Bug #3289 No redirect after batch upload - exit at the fourth picture (Reintjan)
- Bug #3203 - Correction of db_input.php (DMarvelus)
- Bug #3212 - Correction of xcgal_blocks.php (DMarvelus)

v2.0.1
- Template correction w3c
- edited template display.html and slideshow.html (page was extended because of width 600)
- added admin menu
- IE bug fullsize - javascript disabled in template
- EXPERIMENTAL! Multimedia support for mp3 avi ... by vanGoga
- Uploadform for 4 Files added
- xcgalstyle.css added in xoops_module_header
- template bug xcgal_block_meta.html corrected vangoga
- corrected Text for _MD_DIS_NEXT and _MD_DIS_PREV in english

v2.0

Modifications & bugs corrections :

- Picture upload bug with XOOPS 2.2.x was corrected
- Errors on first time installation von XOOPS 2.2.x were solved
- PHP5 errors were solved
- Modifications in style were made
- Templates were corrected to be a nearly xhtml1 valid

v1.1RC1 - Baseline

peterr
  • 2006/4/5 8:20

• peterr

• Just can't stay away

Quote:

adrock wrote:
thats the right link....
...I sort of expect it to be code of some sort. I do not know enough PHP to identify it on my own, hence the need for the 'working' version. I could then review the code to see if something was inadvertantly left out, or if there is a 'broken' language define with regard to the used functions (this is where I think the problem is)

Okay, I can do a 'Beyond Compare' on the 2 versions, and send you the reports, if you like. I've sent you a PM.
Sign the petition

adrock
  • 2006/4/5 8:30

• adrock

• Quite a regular

thanks peterr and mcleins

I have been through the change log...but am starting to see double now!

So, pterr's report with the actual character differences will help me 'zoom' in on the specific area(s) of code that I'll need to look closer at.

Thanks again!

peterr
  • 2006/4/7 2:01

• peterr

• Just can't stay away

It (may) seem from the code for xcGallery 2.0.2 that the error message , "no new picture was found" can occur if there are no pictures in the database. As other people have mentioned, you need a category and an album, and it seems at least one picture uploaded manually, before the "Batch Add pictures" will work.

There was a permissions problem, couldn't load a picture (as a user) to an album, the path was CMOD'ed to 777 and now that step is no longer causing _that_ problem, but now gives an error message about only accepting images/files of extension ".".

Of course that is setup in admin, the link for xcGallery preferences is General Configuration , however in XOOPS 2.0.13.2 this link just takes us to the system/admin control panel, not the xcgal (module) preferences.

Yet on another site using xcgal 2.0.2 and XOOPS 2.2.x, the link works okay, and the xcgal preferences are shown.

Looks like a job for finding the right table in the db, for the preferences, and then modifying the allowed images to be uploaded.
Sign the petition

peterr
  • 2006/4/7 6:25

• peterr

• Just can't stay away

xcGal is module ID #59 for this site, and there are no rows for that module in the table ****_config.

The column is 'conf_modid' and running an sql qry looking for

conf_modid = 59

returns no rows, yet there are rows for other modules. This is why when we try to look at the preferences for xcGal, there are none shown, it just returns to the system/admin control panel, whereas what should appear is the xcGal prefences.

Have tried an update on module xcgal a few times, it is always a blank page (usually most modules display output ?? ). This would no doubt indicate that the 6 tables for xcgal exist, however the rows are not being added to the table ***_config

There may be other system or config type tables that also have not been updated.

Any clues where the update might be failing ?
Sign the petition

peterr
  • 2006/4/8 2:03

• peterr

• Just can't stay away

Turned on php debug and updated xcGal again via admin. This was displayed

Quote:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting ')' in /public_html/templates_c/%%F8^F85^F8504221%%db%3Axcgal_display.html.php on line 158

Checked out line 158 and it didn't match the xcGal 2.0.2 version, so uploaded that, and the admin module update now works, displayed all the messages also.

We can now do the batch add, ... but, it added the pictures for the album belonging to the user who was logged in via admin, whereas there does not seem to be an option to batch add to a particular album. :(

Anyway, the batch add works.

Thanks,

P
Sign the petition

Login

Who's Online

179 user(s) are online (98 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 179

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits