miealex
Re: php mail() problem
  • 2005/9/30 19:55

• miealex

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/12/12

My host finally allowed me the use of user "nobody". It's a security issue here thou. It can be used for spam from what I heard.

So the problem still remains. I'll keep an eye on both threads if something comes up.

Thanks,
Alex

WallStArb
  • 2006/1/17 11:59

• WallStArb

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/12/8

It seems that XOOPS mail system doesn't work most of the time and this needs to really be addressed if XOOPS is to become a real candidate for commercial websites.

It's been over a year and honestly we can't get much done with XOOPS due to poor image manager and the mail issue. We've been approached by Fidelity (a large mutual fund/brokerage company) and they want to partner to do a community portal. We've been playing around with XOOPS for months and still have these email problems as well as several others. This project would be HUGE visability for XOOPS if we decided to use it, but its unlikely with the problems that we'll be able to sell them on the idea of it.

If anyone in the XOOPS community wants to help... maybe you can get it to work for us and we can move forward, and get XOOPS a very high profile deployment. I'm willing to install a brand new Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS 4.0 server on its own box and dedicate it to this. You can probrably install and get everything working. Feel free to email goyetteb@deltainvestment.com if anyone over there wants to help get this going. We have 4 weeks before we need to bring a demo and a proposal to them.

zioncurtain

I realize that this project has tappered off a bit, and I just hope that someone else has found a resolution to my problem.

I am using Cpanel/RHE4 on my server, and XOOPS 2.2.4 on my site. I have tried SMTP/Same As Pop/PHP sendmail but nothing works.

Let me explain. I have set the WebMailFX settings up correctly, because when a user joins, they can get an email setup, and it shows up in Cpanel.

I can send them a test mail, and it does show up in their box. But when I click on the mail to retreive it, I get:
"Error: Invalid Parameter"

So I pop into webmail, and sure enough the email is there, and it arrives as it was sent.
I just can not view it in this module via Xoops.

Thats the first problem.
Here is the second:

When I send an email, I get an error when using either type of SMTP as the setting in the module preferences (either SMTP, or SAME AS POP), I get this.

Errorcould not determine the SMTP to connect

When I send it via PHP sendmail, I get a message saying "message sent", but I get a kick back in my box that says.

A message that you sent contained no recipient addresses, and therefore no delivery could be attempted.

This happens no matter who I send an email to.

I tried uninstalling, removing the files from the server, then reuploading, chmoding the attachments (and subfolders) to 777, and then installing again, updating the system module, etc..

I've tried just about everything that I can think of. Am I missing something?

Thanks!

(BTW- On debug mode, everythign seems to pass according to the users settings)

zioncurtain

If it helps, I forgot to mention that I have register globals turned off.

zioncurtain

Is no one but me using this module?

Does anyone have a better suggestion for a mail module?

Thanks!

rserrano
  • 2006/3/14 21:51

• rserrano

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/5/31

Can you share the name of you hosting company?

I am having the same issue with mine blocking user nobody. Have you guys find a workarround in XOOPS, is it possible to modify all the messaging functions?

adrock
  • 2006/3/22 16:53

• adrock

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/12/7

The WebmailFX module works fine with littlemanhosting.com cpanel accounts (also no longer being supported, due to reliability and speed issues).

However...the WebmailFX module is a 'dead module'...no longer being developed or supported by it's developers....and has many many bugs.

The main bug or problem is the fact that the admin and user interfaces insert DB information incorrectly, so either the main admin account, or your user accounts will always be wrong and unchangeable once entered into the DB.

Try iFraming Mail2Web.com or something similar if you can....
Affordable Web Hosting - Family - Fun!...and not always in that order!

Login

Who's Online

231 user(s) are online (160 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 231

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits