blueteen
Re: [BETA] multiMenu 1.8, when mm goes dynamics
  • 2006/3/21 6:01

• blueteen

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/7/16

hello !
can you take a printscreen of your bloc's admin settings for this menu ? (missions)

you can also PM me admin's right for multiMenu, i can try to see what's wrong with this if you want.

barryc
  • 2006/3/21 6:12

• barryc

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/3/20

Are you using full URLs in your menu links? e.g.http://www.mysite.org/path/to/my/file

If so, try relative URLs e.g. /path/to/my/file

[Edited] I just found, after some frustration, that the switch vertical dynamic links won't work if you are using a full URL in the top main link. (The sublinks can have full URLs). It may be a bug and I have reported it.

Barry Cooper
Barry Cooper
Sweet Home, Oregon

shaxs
  • 2006/3/21 22:05

• shaxs

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/6/1 2

Since Barry was the first to PM me, I will give him a shot at fixing it for the PayPal 'Thank You'. If that doesn't work out blueteen I will let you know. Thanks everyone.

barryc
  • 2006/3/22 3:30

• barryc

• Just can't stay away

It's fixed. You don't owe me anything.

This was the problem:

You did not have a URL in the link text box for those two links for which you are using switch vertical. You must include a URL, even though when you choose switch vertical it won't take you to the page. Furthermore, it MUST be a relative path. I posted about this earlier and that's the post I referred you to. The fact that you must use a relative path and not a full one is probably a bug. I set the URL on your site to / (which is what I do on mine, because the link won't take you anywhere).

Try it now - you're ready to fill in the data. BTW, the site looks quite nice.

Barry
Barry Cooper
Sweet Home, Oregon

shaxs
  • 2006/3/22 6:17

• shaxs

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/6/1 2

Barry, thanks for the help! I really do appreciate it. The site has been fun. XOOPS is a great system. I usually do all custom programming, but in order to save my Uncle and his church money, we went this route. I think it will turn out fairly well.

blueteen
  • 2006/3/22 9:38

• blueteen

• Quite a regular

Quote:

barryc wrote:
It's fixed. You don't owe me anything.

This was the problem:

You did not have a URL in the link text box for those two links for which you are using switch vertical. You must include a URL, even though when you choose switch vertical it won't take you to the page. Furthermore, it MUST be a relative path. I posted about this earlier and that's the post I referred you to. The fact that you must use a relative path and not a full one is probably a bug. I set the URL on your site to / (which is what I do on mine, because the link won't take you anywhere).

Try it now - you're ready to fill in the data. BTW, the site looks quite nice.

Barry

Hello,
can you explain more please ?

i've tried a 'vertical switch' menu (primary link, relative link, with/without absolute/relative url), and i've found no bugs
can you send us screenshot about configuration (links) wich cause trouble ?

barryc
  • 2006/3/22 15:27

• barryc

• Just can't stay away

The problem in shaxs case was that he did not have a URL at all for the Main Menu top item. No sublinks showed.

My experience has been that if I have a full URL for the top Main Menu item, then vertical switch sublinks won't show. I have just realized that this is inconsistent. In one test menu the problem is present, in another, in a separate multimenu block it doesn't and I will have to find time to see if I can see why they behave differently.

I have PMed you to give you information about logging in to the test site, where you can see this behavior.

Barry
Barry Cooper
Sweet Home, Oregon

blueteen
  • 2006/3/22 15:32

• blueteen

• Quite a regular

ok, Pm received
i'm overloaded for the moment, but i'll look at your site tomorrow on the morning (in France)

solo71
  • 2006/3/23 16:33

• solo71

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/1/29

Quote:

barryc wrote:

My experience has been that if I have a full URL for the top Main Menu item, then vertical switch sublinks won't show. I have just realized that this is inconsistent. In one test menu the problem is present, in another, in a separate multimenu block it doesn't and I will have to find time to see if I can see why they behave differently.

Back on this point.

First, there were a problem with the "related link actvation". We have corrected the script and the bug is fixed.

The next problem you have reported (in pm) is not a bug, but a misunderstood of the link specification. That is, you must understand the difference between "permanent link" and "relative link".

Permanent links would display all the time, whatever page you are on.

Relative links (which you have selected and appears for you to be unpredicative) appears only if its main link is active. For instance, if you have set 2 related links under the main "article" link. Those 2 related links would only appear if your are on one of the "article" module. If you are not, none of the 2 sublinks would display, and the main link would be active as a standard link.

So, to solve your trouble, set all your sublinks as "permanent sublinks".

Hope you get what I mean...

barryc
  • 2006/3/27 6:34

• barryc

• Just can't stay away

I understood what you mean. In earlier testing I had got the impression that when I used switch vertical, it didn't make a difference whether I chose permanent sublink or relative sublink. That probably happened because I chose links that were all from the one module, thus making them appear to work. I have changed the link types to permanent sublink and all is well.

My only wish for MM now is the configurable behavior of switch vertical sublinks. I like a "set" of sublinks to stay open while the user is working in that set, but for it to close and a new one open when the user clicks a different main topic. I know you've told me this could be done by altering the template, but it would be nice to have it be configurable.

Thanks for you help and for MM 1.8.

Barry
Barry Cooper
Sweet Home, Oregon

Login

Who's Online

171 user(s) are online (106 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 171

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits