Re: XOOPS Newsletter Mailer
  • 2006/3/18 17:16

• TottoBG

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/8/18

Quote:

daibt wrote:
problem is it does not works correctly.

Which one doesn't work correctly - phpList or evennews? And what does it means actually?

andycleff
  • 2006/3/20 13:00

• andycleff

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/4/29

{quote]... a mailinglist (a real decent one) is the most required thing in the community for some years now, we might all unite and gather some $$$$ for this project to serve us all.

but I mean something "real and strong". not just a simple mailinglist, but also something to manage contacts and customers....[/quote]

Agreed. But since it has been on the "to do list" for many years now (see xnewsletter - pre-alpha since about 2003), how do we actually "get it done"???
Andy Cleff
Ampersand Design, Inc
Doylestown, PA
-----
Helping our clients bring great ideas into shape through integrated marketing, creative branding, print and web strategy, online learning and e-commerce.

www.ampersandesign.net

tzvook
  • 2006/3/20 13:17

• tzvook

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/2/1 2

Quote:

andycleff wrote:
How do we actually "get it done"???

I'll make a complete required feature list, to let users see what's in the planes.

then let's post a "whose interested" in here (interested to pay 100$ via paypal) ... then we'll see how much we got more or less and find the proper developer for it.

I wonder if anybody can estimate the amount for it, I'll ask in here, but in Israel dev work are quite expensive ...

One more thing: I took a long long look @ the phplists code and I'm afraid it'll be pointless to turn it into XOOPS module, it's code is quite massy ...
I don't think there's another open source mailinglist project that is worth turning into a XOOPS module, so It'll probably has to be done from screatch ...

andycleff
  • 2006/3/20 13:41

• andycleff

• Not too shy to talk

Quote:
I'll make a complete required feature list, to let users see what's in the planes.

IMHO, that's the easy part - phpList already has the features we'd need.

http://tincan.co.uk/?lid=453

If you have any to add, let me know.

Then we can move on the how much it will cost to develop.
Andy Cleff
Ampersand Design, Inc
Doylestown, PA
-----
Helping our clients bring great ideas into shape through integrated marketing, creative branding, print and web strategy, online learning and e-commerce.

www.ampersandesign.net

tzvook
  • 2006/3/20 13:55

• tzvook

• Just can't stay away

Quote:

andycleff wrote:
IMHO, that's the easy part - phpList already has the features we'd need.

I USE IT FOR A FEW YEARS, AND ... IT DON'T

it won't deal with anonimus presentation of lists (if permitted), won't sort alphabetically and some more ....
it'll nedd verious methods of import-export (csv, MySQL ... which fields to import-export) ... and so on ...

but, yes, your'e right ... that's the easy part ...

marcan
  • 2006/3/20 14:03

• marcan

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/10/8

Hi !

As you may know, I (via my company, InBox Solutions) would be interested in developing this module.

I had been in touch with Andy for some weeks now about the Mailing list module. I've also looked at the other php mailing list around and I beleive we could inspire ourselves from the features in those mailing list. However, I'm confident that we would have a better module in the end if we make it a native XOOPS module. To my experience, porting a script is usually not a good thing on the long run.

I beleive developing a new module from scratch would be better and less expensive.

The first thing that need to be done is to establish a list of features that would be needed in this module and grade them from "Mandatory" to "Would be nice". Then I could estimate the overall cost of such a project and then we could see if the community would be interested in investing in such a module.

One thing is for sure : a LOT of users would benefit from such a module ! How many of them will be interested to participate in this project !

Cheers !
.:: marcan (aka mal aka Marc-André) ::.
.:: Open Source :: The SmartFactory ::.
.:: XOOPS Professional Services :: INBOX International ::.

andycleff
  • 2006/3/20 14:10

• andycleff

• Not too shy to talk

Let's make this happen!
Andy Cleff
Ampersand Design, Inc
Doylestown, PA
-----

www.ampersandesign.net

svaha
  • 2006/3/20 14:34

• svaha

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/8/2 2

I'm willing to pay.
What doesn't kill me,
makes me stronger.

http://exm.amevita.eu
http://www.amevita.eu
http://www.alohaspirit.nl

tzvook
  • 2006/3/20 14:35

• tzvook

• Just can't stay away

Quote:

andycleff wrote:
Let's make this happen!

Ok..
so we haveMarcan as a developer and 3 first users who are willing to pay for this shared project.

Andy, I'll PM you later on, my features list, for you to edit/add it, then we'll post it here on this thread for others to see/post comments or requests...

Xoops users who need a good stable mailing list, and are willing to pay a bit for a shared project, please "speak in this thread, for us to know who is interested and then PM you with the estimated amount.
no one is commited to participate, just for us to know in general how the amount will be divided...

The mailinglist will be combined with ability to manage customers and/or users in groups, and with some (at least XOOPS users and CSV) import-export abilities.

daibt
  • 2006/3/20 15:13

• daibt

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/3/26

Quote:

Herko Coomans wrote:
Quote:

daibt wrote:
problem is it does not works correctly.

:LOL: thanks daibt for this excellent bug report! If you jiggle the whatchamacallit, you should get things working again

Herko

Thanks for your commands, I tried o modify this code 2 weeks ago, but still get some problems of this module. I am not sure that we can do it

Does anyone have other commands for this module in large member?

Login

Who's Online

167 user(s) are online (105 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 167

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits