skyrider
Another viewing issue
  • 2006/3/18 20:48

• skyrider

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/6/8 1

Simple query but couldn't find it when searching - tho maybe I used wrong terms :(

Site: Kellyville Guides

Version: XOOPS 2.0.13.1

All works well *but* visitors see a blank page when getting to the site and have to log on before seeing top page.

All blocks have been made 'visible in all pages' pro tem while I try to work out what's wrong - but all visitors see is the logon page.

What do I change to let visitors see the top page when they arrive at the site?

[size=x-small](I'll carry on searching while I wait for a response and delete this if I find something )[/size]
Australian Opinion... where comment counts!
http://www.australianopinion.com

jensclas
Re: Another viewing issue

Humm...have you tried truning on php debug? Theres a tutorial on this at Johns tutorials and some help docs that might be useful to you in my link to help docs below. HTH

skyrider
  • 2006/3/18 22:40

• skyrider

• Just popping in

Quote:

jensclas wrote:
Humm...have you tried turning on php debug? There's a tutorial on this at Johns tutorials and some help docs that might be useful to you in my link to help docs below. HTH

Haven't turned it on yet no... apart from this one tiny quirk the site works perfectly and didn't want to do anything to upset it

Edit: Just checked another site (Talk Tidy) and realised the same thing has happened.

What seems to be the case is that *none* of the userdefined blocks are visible when the user is logged out.

So... to rephrase the question... what do I do to make sure all userdefined blocks are visible to all visitors? Currently all blocks are flagged to be visible in all pages - but clearly aren't visible before login.

iHackCode

maybe the permission setting for the blocks are not set to be viewed by Anonymous Users. System Admin-->Groups.
CBB / LatestNews / Publisher / XM-Spotlight

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

skyrider
  • 2006/3/19 7:49

• skyrider

• Just popping in

Quote:

Bandit-X wrote:
maybe the permission setting for the blocks are not set to be viewed by Anonymous Users. System Admin-->Groups.

Well now... wasn't *that* simple once you told me??

Many thanks... was driving me crackers!

I'll go and check on the other sites but that's probably the problem on all of them!!

All I have to do now is try to sort out why the site I installed XOOPS on this morning comes up with a blank page... never ends does it?

Edit: Re blank page. Deleted and reinstalled - quickest and simplest way and it worked. The ftp prog probably didn't upload all the files - it happens

Thanks for the support - great as usual.

Login

Who's Online

274 user(s) are online (183 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 274

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits