lanside
CBB 301: Anonymous cannot view
  • 2006/3/9 22:38

• lanside

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/3/2 2

Ive been working on this, off and on, for a couple days now. I've search here and on google, but haven't found an answer to my problem.

Xoops 2.0.13.2
CBB 3.0.1
Framework for XOOPS 22 is in the xoops_root/Framework directory.

My problem is that I have set Anonymous access to the categories I want (boxes are checked).

Ive set Access and View to the forums within those categories to allow Anonymous (again, boxes checked).

But when an Anonymous user attempts to view a recent post or access the forums index, they receive an access denied message and redirected to the homepage.

Im not sure what I am missing here, but I assume its something simple and quite obvious.

Any pointers greatly appreciated!

LS.net

Springanew
Re: CBB 301: Anonymous cannot view
  • 2006/3/10 5:15

• Springanew

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/4/12

I'm having some of the same challenges with permissions not working - I suppose you could always go to the MySQL and change the permissions there - I might do that myself.

Best!
Leslie in San Antonio
www.san-antonio-online.com
www.springanew.com
Using xoops!

lanside
  • 2006/3/10 14:16

• lanside

• Just popping in

Quote:
I'm having some of the same challenges with permissions not working - I suppose you could always go to the MySQL and change the permissions there - I might do that myself.

If it is a case that the permissions are not being updated in the database, then I am getting a false positive when settings.

Xoops is telling me that the table updates are successful. I will dig into this further, see about manually setting them directly. Ill report my findings here.

Thanks!

LS.net

Falcon22
  • 2006/3/13 6:33

• Falcon22

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/12/26

I am having the exact same problem with cbb 3.01

Registed users and Annonomyus cannot access the Message Forum. I am not very literate with MySql so can someone please explain the process?

Falcon22
  • 2006/3/13 7:25

• Falcon22

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/12/26

I just solved it, I deleted and re cloned my Template Set. I am sure it is still not working perfectly becuase when I click the View link in the Template Set Manager it shows that I am missing lines related to the newbb

Then I went to the permissions section of Cbb and it worked because a new permission menu appeared that was not there before that allowed me to issue Forum category permissions.

I wish I could figure all this Template stuff out, it is very confusing to me and I have tried reading about it in the FAQ section.

phppp
  • 2006/3/13 7:39

• phppp

• XOOPS Contributor

• Since: 2004/1/25

Anyone else has the problem?
Hope we could confirm whether it is a bug of newbb or template problem before I look at the code.

lanside
  • 2006/3/13 14:27

• lanside

• Just popping in

Quote:
Then I went to the permissions section of Cbb and it worked because a new permission menu appeared that was not there before that allowed me to issue Forum category permissions.

I've never had a menu issue. It looks like all the perms menus are there, but just they are not taking effect/being applied.

I haven't had a chance to try applying the permissions directly at the database level (seems Im busier on the weekends than I am during the work week). Hopefully I will have a chance after work today to pursue this further.

Thanks
LS.net

Springanew
Re: CBB 301: Global permissions
  • 2006/3/13 19:42

• Springanew

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/4/12

When I created a new forum and checked the "Apply global permissions", it doesn't take effect.

When I went back and did the permissions one by one it worked.

However the global permissions feature is a Must Have to save our sanity :o)

I haven't looked at the template feature since my menus were there already. However I have had to go into the database and remove old BB data when upgrading in the past.

I apreciate the work done on the forum since it is so popular on sites - and appreciate the improvements on speed too. Thank!
Leslie in San Antonio
www.san-antonio-online.com
www.springanew.com
Using xoops!

Login

Who's Online

161 user(s) are online (118 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 161

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits