izjman
Pet-keeping Module
  • 2006/2/28 2:20

• izjman

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/2/28

Dear All,

I would like to have a pet-keeping module which allows users to keep a e-pet on Xoops. They can gain e-money according to their participation into the web (i.e. forum). Then they can buy food for their e-pet. They can join sport game after trainning the pet.

If possible, I am willing to pay for the above module.

Thanks a lot.

gestroud
Re: Pet-keeping Module
  • 2006/2/28 5:35

• gestroud

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/12/22

Interesting idea, kinda like NeoPets for XOOPS. You can probably start with the user points module until someone gets something developed.

https://xoops.org/modules/repository/singlefile.php?cid=98&lid=1245

gestroud
  • 2006/2/28 5:36

• gestroud

• Home away from home

OOPS, by the way, welcome to XOOPS!

gestroud
  • 2006/2/28 5:41

• gestroud

• Home away from home

There's also a biological registry module for showing who owns what types of species. I haven't had the opportunity to try it yet, but here's the link:
http://dev.xoops.org/modules/xfmod/project/?bioreg

Let me know if you want the module, I don't think it's available on the site, but I have a copy.

izjman
  • 2006/2/28 8:09

• izjman

• Just popping in

Quote:

gestroud wrote:
There's also a biological registry module for showing who owns what types of species. I haven't had the opportunity to try it yet, but here's the link:
http://dev.xoops.org/modules/xfmod/project/?bioreg

Let me know if you want the module, I don't think it's available on the site, but I have a copy.

Dear gestroud,

Woo~ Thanks for your reply. I've visited there before but cannot download it as missing files. Would you like to see me a copy...? Many Thanks~

Also, do you think it's possible to develop such game ...?

gestroud
  • 2006/2/28 20:42

• gestroud

• Home away from home

Let me know where you want the module sent and I'll do it ASAP.

I think it's possible to develop what you're looking for, but I'm not a coder. It's a great idea for an online community, and I could see a LOT of interest arising from it. Keep your fingers crossed.
Resized Image
One suggestion would be to see if you could find a similar script that could be ported to XOOPS. Also if you know of any sites that use something like this, it might be a good idea to post a link or two so developers could get an idea of how it functions.

justjeff
  • 2006/2/28 21:01

• justjeff

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/1/16

Quote:

gestroud wrote:
There's also a biological registry module for showing who owns what types of species. .......... I don't think it's available on the site, but I have a copy.

Can the download be refreshed with your 'good' copy? so everyone can have access to it again?

Probably a casualty of the hack job to the site
Jeff

gestroud
  • 2006/2/28 21:20

• gestroud

• Home away from home

Probably. One of the problems I have is that there are two version: one for 2.0 and one for 2.2. They weren't marked clearly, so first I need to figure out which is which, then I have to figure out how to add them to the site - if I'm even allowed to add files to someone else's project, that is.

I contacted the developer a long while back, and let him know about it; that's how I got the modules. Kinda figured he'd take care of the uploads. Maybe he can't sign in anymore; the project has been dead for a while.

izjman
  • 2006/3/1 1:48

• izjman

• Just popping in

Dear gestroud,

Can you send it to my email? (Is it too large to do that?) izjmanchan@yahoo.com.hk

Many Many Thanks~ :P

markian
  • 2006/3/7 8:56

• markian

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/12/19

Quote:

izjman wrote:
Dear gestroud,

Can you send it to my email? (Is it too large to do that?) izjmanchan@yahoo.com.hk

Many Many Thanks~ :P

ohh.. can u send me too ? pls... i need it too..

Login

Who's Online

211 user(s) are online (131 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 211

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits