xKillswitchx
Host Messed Up, Lost My DB

My host and I just discussed increasing my bandwidth, and they felt they needed to transfer my entire account to a new server, ontop of that changed my account to a reseller!! Im furious, because I had no warning and didnt make a recent enough backup of my db.

Is there any way to retrive that? I do have the most recent backup of the XOOPS files and all, how do I reuse this? I really have no clue how to write table data, so is there anyway around this? Thanks alot .

m0nty
Re: Host Messed Up, Lost My DB
  • 2006/3/6 21:09

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

unless you actually have a dump of the MySQL db, then there is no recovery.

or if they haven't deleted that actual db from that particular server maybe they could do a dump or transfer for you either by mysqldump or by copying/moving the MySQL files for that db from the /var/lib/mysql/<db name/ directory on the server itself and then create you a db of the same name and transfer all those .MYI, .MYD, & .frm files etc to your new server..

but if they can't then, i'm afraid it looks like u gotta start again or use your last known backup if u have 1.

files are unimportant to the db itself.. you can reuse them, but if u haven't actually got the sql dump/backup your db is lost.

justjeff
Re: Host Messed Up, Lost My DB
  • 2006/3/6 23:23

• justjeff

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/1/16

Your hosting company should have a backup of your entire site, including the DB, it may be a week old, but at least you will have something.

Give them a call or however they take care of things, since they moved your site to a different machine and not coordinating that with you, they should be quite cordial about giving you some good service

good luck!! like they say, your data is only as good as your last backup
Jeff

Login

Who's Online

238 user(s) are online (169 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 238

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits