theslam2006
Modules cannot be found

Hello, great site here. I do want to say that Ive tried every type of portal system out there, and none of them are good, but this one. Its about the only one that is decent, although not perfect. But, thanks for the creators of this. And thanks for the support too.

Now, I have a problem that I cannot seem to figure out why its messing up. Everything was perfectly fine, until I tried that new contact form thing that is listed on the front page. I DLe all the files that I knew it would overright, as if it messed up, I could just restore it, no harm done. Well, that was a mistake.

The 2 files that were overwriten were:
header.php
index.php

I have the originals of those files, so when I put in the ones the DL came with, I got a XOOPS directory not found error. Soo, I said well that works just great. I said Ill just put back the original files. Well, I did just that, and now nothing works. I go to the page, and no one can sign in. No one can do anything but view news. An error shows up in the middle saying "Selected module does not exist!" I cannot access the admin pannel either. No one can login, just forums can be VIEWED (cant login there either), and news can be viewed. I have no idea what happened. I NEED this board back up, because I have MANY tutorials that are all directing to this site now. And with it down, is very bad.

PLEASE help me...I cant really afford to reinstall either. Is there any way to fix this?

THANKS SO MUCH EVERYONE.

zyspec
Re: Modules cannot be found
  • 2006/2/22 23:45

• zyspec

• Module Developer

• Since: 2004/9/21

It's not clear where to start. You need to explain exactly what happened a little more clearly so we can attempt to help - otherwise you will need to find someone you trust and give them access (ftp, admin/password, etc) to help.

First, did you unistall the previous Contact module and delete the directory as the XoopsContent readme.html file says?

Can you verify that when you uploaded the "contact" folder you put it into the /modules directory? This sounds a lot like you copied the contents of the /contact folder into your root directory instead of into the /modules/contact directory. You should be able to look at the site with an ftp client and see the contact folder under modules - although this may not help because if you didn't uninstall the original contact module it might trick you into thinking the "new" contact module is there.

You'll need to look at the xoops_version.php file to see if it's from the XoopsContact module (check the author line to see if it has "Modified by CreepingDeath - ...". You could also check this by looking to see if there are "other" directories in your root that shouldn't be - for example there shouldn't be a /templates directory listed in your root directory. There may also be a getgfx.php file in your root directory if this happened.

If you DID copy the contents of the /contact folder into your root all you should have to do is replace the index.php, header.php and xoops_version.php files in your root directory to get your site "operational". You'll then have to go through and clean out the other files that were accidently created to tidy things up.

One other thing to verify is that even if you did put the /contact directory in the /modules directory you did not copy the header.php and index.php files from the /contact module into the root directory when you were trying to fix it... I'd recommend overwriting the header.php, index.php and xoops_version.php from your XOOPS zip file to your root directory just to be sure.

theslam2006
Re: Modules cannot be found

Ah, yep. You got it right on the ball. I accidently copied it to the root folder, and I was trying to put the originals of the index.php and header.php files back, but it wasnt working. I didnt know about the xoops_version.php one. I didnt think it touched that one.

But, the reason why I did that, is because I thought it was like the IPB forum. You get it, and it has similar folders as the contact one did. I thought you just place it in there, and would overright the correct files, and I would be on my way. Didnt know it was a module.

Anyway, its all fixed. I didnt know what else to do, So I just reinstalled, and its all back up now. Its just taking me alittle more effort to get it all back on. And to everyone else, that is a MODULE lol. If I wasnt the only one thinking that....probably was.

Thanks again man. That probably would have fixed it if I just waited.

Login

Who's Online

147 user(s) are online (86 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 147

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits