malexandria
Urgent - Still Looking for Help!

Hello Everyone,

A few weeks ago, I was looking for someone to help me resolve a major XOOPS site crash, and so far I've had no luck with people seeking to help me, this is my last cry for help, after this I'm switching to Joomla, my site has been down for a month now and nothing I do seems to work. Here's the problem - the problem started when my hostprovider switched servers. The PHP version doesn't seem to be compatible with the older version, and what's worse the automatic db dumps somehow got corrupted in the process.

I managed to get most of the site back up, by doing a clean install of XOOPS 2.013, the site was on 2.010 so I don't know if this has anything to do with it. Once I did the fresh install, I replaced all the tables with my backed up db tables, the site is back online, and has all my old data, but nothing is displaying on any of the Index pages - News or Forums. When I go into the admin area and click on one of the comments, the articles show up, complete with the comments, so I know they are there, and they are properly categorized. But no matter what I do, I can't get anything to VIEW. And I set the permissions in news module and made sure the various groups can access the file.

When I turn on PHP Debug, this is the error message (only it's the entire page) -

"Notice [PHP]: Only variable references should be returned by reference in file class/module.textsanitizer.php line 259
Notice [PHP]: Only variable references should be returned by reference in file class/module.textsanitizer.php line 259
Notice [PHP]: Only variable references should be returned by reference in file class/module.textsanitizer.php line 259
Notice [PHP]: Only variable references should be returned by reference in file class/tree.php line 222
Notice [PHP]: Only variable references should be returned by reference in file class/database/database.php line 128
Warning [PHP]: mysql_query(): Unable to save result set in file class/database/mysqldatabase.php line 239
Notice [PHP]: Only variables should be assigned by reference in file class/database/mysqldatabase.php line 239
Notice [PHP]: Only variable references should be returned by reference in file class/database/mysqldatabase.php line 245
Notice [PHP]: Only variable references should be returned by reference in file class/database/mysqldatabase.php line 386
Notice [PHP]: Only variable references should be returned by reference in file class/database/database.php line 128
Notice [PHP]: Only variables should be assigned by reference in file class/database/mysqldatabase.php line 239
Notice [PHP]: Only variable references should be returned by reference in file class/database/mysqldatabase.php line 386
Notice [PHP]: Only variable references should be returned by reference in file kernel/object.php line 289
Error [Xoops]: Smarty error: unable to write to $compile_dir '/home/eclispe/public_html/templates_c'. Be sure $compile_dir is writable by the web server user. in file class/smarty/Smarty.class.php line 1084"

Any help would be much appreciated!!! I really need this resolved by tomorrow (Friday), I can't afford to be down for another full week.

malexandria
Re: Urgent - Still Looking for Help!

With MySQL Debug Activated, this is the error message -

"SELECT * FROM xoops3_config WHERE (conf_modid = '0' AND conf_catid = '1') ORDER BY conf_order ASC
SELECT sess_data FROM xoops3_session WHERE sess_id = '12e0bed51cfdd8f8325cb8c4040d28f9'
SELECT * FROM xoops3_users WHERE uid=2
SELECT * FROM xoops3_modules WHERE dirname = 'news'
SELECT * FROM xoops3_config WHERE (conf_modid = '2') ORDER BY conf_order ASC
SELECT * FROM xoops3_config WHERE (conf_modid = '0' AND conf_catid = '3') ORDER BY conf_order ASC
SELECT DISTINCT gperm_itemid FROM xoops3_group_permission WHERE gperm_name = 'block_read' AND gperm_modid = 1 AND gperm_groupid IN (1,2)
SELECT b.* FROM xoops3_newblocks b, xoops3_block_module_link m WHERE m.block_id=b.bid AND b.isactive=1 AND b.visible=1 AND m.module_id IN (0,2,-1) AND b.bid IN (21,20,19,18,14,15,16,13,12,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1) ORDER BY b.weight,b.bid
SELECT COUNT(*) FROM xoops3_priv_msgs WHERE (read_msg = '0' AND to_userid = '2')
SELECT * FROM xoops3_tplfile WHERE (tpl_tplset = 'default' AND tpl_file = 'system_block_user.html') ORDER BY tpl_refid
SELECT * FROM xoops3_modules WHERE (hasmain = '1' AND isactive = '1' AND weight > '0') ORDER BY weight ASC, mid ASC
SELECT * FROM xoops3_group_permission WHERE (gperm_name = 'module_read' AND gperm_modid = '1' AND (gperm_groupid = '1' OR gperm_groupid = '2'))
SELECT COUNT(*) as cpt FROM xoops3_topics WHERE menu=1
SELECT * FROM xoops3_topics ORDER BY topic_title
SELECT * FROM xoops3_tplfile WHERE (tpl_tplset = 'default' AND tpl_file = 'system_block_mainmenu.html') ORDER BY tpl_refid
SELECT s.*, t.* FROM xoops3_stories s, xoops3_topics t WHERE (published > 0 AND published <= 1140701539) AND (expired = 0 OR expired > 1140701539) AND (s.topicid=t.topic_id) AND ihome=0 AND t.topic_frontpage=1 ORDER BY s.published DESC LIMIT 0, 5
Error number: 1030
Error message: Got error 124 from table handler
SELECT COUNT(*) FROM xoops3_stories WHERE published > 0 AND published <= 1140701539 AND (expired = 0 OR expired > 1140701539) AND ihome=0
SELECT * FROM xoops3_xoopsnotifications WHERE (not_modid = '2' AND not_category = 'global' AND not_uid = '2') ORDER BY not_id ASC
SELECT * FROM xoops3_modules WHERE mid = 2
SELECT * FROM xoops3_tplfile WHERE (tpl_tplset = 'default' AND tpl_file = 'news_index.html') ORDER BY tpl_refid
SELECT * FROM xoops3_tplfile WHERE (tpl_tplset = 'default' AND tpl_fi"

Please email me at malexandria@eclipsemagazine.com if you can help as I don't have time to really check the forums.

thanks

Michelle

davidl2
  • 2006/2/23 13:26

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

Did you take John_n on his offer to help?

https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=46812&forum=1&post_id=206309#forumpost206341

malexandria

yes, he's been great, but he recently had a family emergency, so he basically disappeared on me.

marcan
  • 2006/2/23 14:08

• marcan

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/10/8

Hi malexandria,

First, I'll need some info :

PHP version ?
Apache version ?
MySQL version ?
XOOPS version ?

Secondly, about these notices :
Quote:
Notice [PHP]: Only variable references should be returned by reference...

These tell me that you are probably running PHP 5.x. This is caused by the XOOPS core being developped on PHP 4.x. Future release of XOOPS will adress this. But in the mean time, even if it can be annoying, it should not be a problem for the good functionning of your site.

As for this :

Quote:
Error [Xoops]: Smarty error: unable to write to $compile_dir '/home/eclispe/public_html/templates_c'. Be sure $compile_dir is writable by the web server user. in file class/smarty/Smarty.class.php line 1084"

Be sure that the templates_c folder is writable (usually chmod 777).

And also, be sure that all files of your site are properly chmod :

Everything in 755, except :
- mainfile.php : chmod 444
- folder templates_c : chmod 777
- folder cache : chmod 777
- folder uploads : chmod 777

Finally, regarding this :
Quote:
SELECT s.*, t.* FROM xoops3_stories s, xoops3_topics t WHERE (published > 0 AND published <= 1140701539) AND (expired = 0 OR expired > 1140701539) AND (s.topicid=t.topic_id) AND ihome=0 AND t.topic_frontpage=1 ORDER BY

If you run this query in phpMyAdmin, what error do you get.

Let me know !
.:: marcan (aka mal aka Marc-André) ::.
.:: Open Source :: The SmartFactory ::.
.:: XOOPS Professional Services :: INBOX International ::.

malexandria

thank you for your help,

PHP version 4.4.2
MySQL version 4.0.25-standard-log
Xoops Version - Current one full (the original site before the crash was 2.010, and I didn't upgrade to 2.013 before
the crash.

Apache Version - 1.3.34 (Unix)

Again, take a look at eclipsemagazine.com and you can see what I mean by "blank" pages, that the data just isn't showing up. But it's clearly there, if you look at the page numbers at the top.

--------------------------------------------------

I had everything chmoded at 777, I used the chmods that you recommended, still nothing. When I ran the sql, this is the error message,

SELECT s. * , t. *
FROM xoops3_stories s, xoops3_topics t
WHERE (
published & gt;

0 AND published & lt ; =1140701539
) AND (
expired =0 OR expired & gt;

) AND (
s.topicid = t.topic_id
) AND ihome =0 AND t.topic_frontpage =1 ORDER BY LIMIT 0 , 30

MySQL said: Documentation
#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'LIMIT 0, 30' at line 1

malexandria

I also looked at all the tables, and some of the key ones have indexing issues, and I think this is the crux of the problem, I just don't know how to fix them - this is what it says

-----------------------------------

1) Xoops3_ Topics table has this error message

"Warning More than one INDEX key was created for column `topic_title`

Warning More than one INDEX key was created for column `menu`

Create an index on columns"

2) For the Xoops3_Users table I get

"Warning PRIMARY and INDEX keys should not both be set for column `uid`

Warning More than one INDEX key was created for column `uname`"

3) Xoops3_Stories

Warning More than one INDEX key was created for column `created`

Under Xoops3_bb_archive I get

Warning No index defined!

stefan88
  • 2006/2/23 14:45

• stefan88

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2004/9/20

Hi,

What version of News module do you have?

1. before the crash?
2. now?

As far as I remember around version 1.2 in news, there was an upgrade script you had to run...

malexandria

News module version is 1.31 which is before and after the crash.

stefan88
  • 2006/2/23 15:18

• stefan88

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2004/9/20

Looking at your site I noticed that if I try to access article directly by address it shows ...

For example (just random number):

http://eclipsemagazine.com/modules/news/article.php?storyid=31

Login

Who's Online

177 user(s) are online (73 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 177

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits