Ed_Elric
I might start soon...
  • 2006/2/23 2:57

• Ed_Elric

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/7/20

I need to know everything on starting a XOOPS site.
About the site:
Name: Otaku Rage
Topic: Anime, games, and more...
Race: American

I am an american who wants a site. I'm hardly a teen and I need help. What all do I need to do before I can start? All the details please...

gestroud
Re: I might start soon...
  • 2006/2/23 4:06

• gestroud

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/12/22

You need to:

1. Register your domain name

2. Find a reliable hosting company that offers at least one mySQL database, php support, FTP, e-mail accounts, technical help, secure servers, etc.

3. You need to review and review this FAQ section and decide if XOOPS is for you.

https://xoops.org/modules/smartfaq/category.php?categoryid=9

That should be a good start.

P.S. You need to keep doing just what you did: Ask questions on the forum.

Stewdio
  • 2006/2/23 5:29

• Stewdio

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/5/7 1

Thanks for showing an interest in XOOPS Ed_Elric.

If you have any difficulties, what so ever, please feel free to post your questions here. If it's host related, domain related or XOOPS related, there is more talent and knowledge on these forums then you will find anywhere else.

Some recommendations for a beginning webmaster, if I may, would be to use www.godaddy.com. Just grab a starter package and go with it. Just a domain name registration and webhost, you don't need the other frills to get a good site running and you can upgrade at any time once your level of comfort has increased. Over time, as the months turn into years, you will be experienced enough to go out and get a different host. There is no need to go all over the place, comparing features and prices you know nothing about when there is a great serice on your doorstep to make the move simple, however, the experience in that task alone is more then worth the drive! We don't live in the dark ages anymore and some people just want to pull out the credit card and get online without the hassle of reading and researching. I can understand that, and this is the age to do it in. So go, point, click, get online and be done with it. Worry about the details after. When your done there, head straight back here!

Keep it simple, save yourself the frustration. They have impecable support (so do we), more FAQ's and help then you can shake a stick at (so do we). They offer incredible deals (although there are better deals price wise) for someone in your position. (and so do we- we're free!)

So long as your patient and don't freak out over a small problem, you will find the community here incredibly polite and helpful!

Good luck and congratulations on your decision to build a powerfull website with XOOPS!
XOOPS Community Support

Ed_Elric
  • 2006/2/24 0:34

• Ed_Elric

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/7/20

thanks! I'll read up into these things.

yah, it's a site I made once before, only now I;m renewing it. I found this site almost a year ago. Now I;m trying to use it.

Login

Who's Online

209 user(s) are online (113 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 209

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits