limecity
install xoops in windows server 2003
  • 2006/2/21 18:39

• limecity

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/7/6 0

is it possible to install XOOPS in windows server with php support? I tried but it gave me a white page after installation.

This is my 1st attempt to use a windows server.
hhttp://www.mounthiking.com
all your hiking gears and gadgets

msdana
Re: install xoops in windows server 2003
  • 2006/2/21 19:40

• msdana

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2005/12/11

Yes, it is possible, but if I remember correctly, we had to make some changes and add extensions.

PM me if you need help.

Dana
[size=x-small]If God is watching us, the least we can do is be entertaining.[/size]
Graphic Worx : Xoops Themes

tedsmith
Re: install xoops in windows server 2003
  • 2006/2/21 20:38

• tedsmith

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/6/2 1

Yes it is possible - I did it on our internal Intranet site (no external connection) but it took me several weeks to get there (I was learning from scratch though!).

W2003 Server is VERY permissions orientated though, more so than any other MS OS, and you will hardly ever, ever get XOOPS to work first time without missing something. It can be done, it has been done, but you need to have patience and perserverance.

Also, be careful about installing any other SQL applications on your server, for example, Veritas Backup that require MS SQL Server.

If you come up with problems, click on my account and read all the posts I've made that have '2003' in the subject because many of my problems I got sorted here in the XOOPS community. In addition to that, http://www.iis-resources.com are invaluable and very knowledgeable.

Good luck!

Ted

Login

Who's Online

492 user(s) are online (47 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 492

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits